- Jacare: It’s My Time, I Can Finish Anybody In The Division
- UFC on FOX 15: Jacare Souza vs. Chris Camozzi Full Fight Video Highlights
- Max Holloway: I Want That Win Back Over Conor McGregor
- Luke Rockhold Promises To Choke Chris Weidman At Madison Square Garden
- UFC on FOX 15: Paige VanZant vs. Felice Herrig Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC on FOX 15: Luke Rockhold vs. Lyoto Machida Full Fight Video Highlights
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Slugfest Alert! Matt Mitrione vs. Derrick Lewis Added To UFC Fight Night 50 In Connecticut
Just mere moments after an Alistair Overeem vs. Ben Rothwell heavyweight showdown was revealed for September 5’s UFC Fight Night 50 from Foxwoods Casino & Resort in Connecticut, another big man’s bout has been announced.
Matt Mitrione, who was set to take on Stefan Struve on the main card of last Saturday’s (July 5, 2014) UFC 175 from Las Vegas before “The Skyscraper” unfortunately fainted after returning from a heart condition, has found a new opponent in the form of power striker Derrick Lewis.
Lewis fought at Sunday night’s (July 6, 2014) The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 19 Finale, destroying Mitrione’s teammate Guto Inocente with a vicious first round onslaught. After the fight, he called out for UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez, but said he’d also like to fight Mitrione.
“Black Beast” has won two straight in the Octagon after debuting with a first round TKO over Jack May at UFC on FOX 11. The former Legacy FC heavyweight champion has won five straight altogether.
He quickly got his chance to face “Meathead,” who was last seen defeating Shawn Jordan at March 1’s TUF China Finale from in Macau. Prior to that, the former NFL football player suffered a UFC 165 submission loss to fellow TUF 10 veteran Brendan Schaub. He’s won two out of his last three fights via knockout, but has also lost three of his last five.