- Tim Kennedy: ‘Karate Is Dead, Rockhold Destroyed Machida Effortlessly’
- Jon Jones Update: Police Found Marijuana, Pipe After ‘Bones’ Fled Scene
- Rafael Dos Anjos Wants Fight With ‘Disrespectful’ Conor McGregor
- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
POLL: Should Mark Munoz Retire After First Round Loss To Gegard Mousasi?
Last night’s UFC Fight Night 41 was another bump in the road for veteran Mark Munoz; ‘The Filipino Wrecking Machine’ once again looked out of sorts, unable to offer any offense to Gegard Mousasi as he was choked out in the opening stanza. The loss is the third in his last four, and also the third time that Munoz has been finished in the last two years.
Formerly known for his aggressive style and heavy hitting, it looks like ‘The Filipino Wrecking Machine’ may be lumbered with the moniker of gatekeeper at this rate. This is a far cry from the hungry wrestler who was once pegged by many for title glory in the UFC. Until his fight with Chris Weidman in 2012, Munoz was 7-2 for the UFC and riding a four-fight win streak.
Perhaps time is starting to catch up with the Filipino stand out, or maybe he just doesn’t have the will to compete at such a high level any more. Whatever the case, one question is on the lips of a lot of fans right now; should Mark Munoz retire? So what do you say, one more roll of the dice or should ‘The Filipino Wrecking Machine’ shut down shop?