- UFC 186 Main Card Live Results At 10 PM ET
- Top Five ‘Rampage’ Knockouts Of All-Time
- UFC 186 Preliminary Card Live Results At 6:30 PM ET
- ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs Soa Palelei Added To UFC 190 In August
- Three Reasons To Watch UFC 186
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 3
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
POLL: Should Dominick Cruz Get An Immediate Title Shot When He Returns?
Former UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz has had the worst run of luck in recent MMA memory; ‘The Dominator’ was set to return from a two-year hiatus in early 2014, and waiting for him was interim boss Renan Barao. In stepped the injury curse, in the form of a groin tear, and Cruz was left with no option but to vacate his title.
Barao went on to win the battle for the vacant belt at UFC 169, as he TKO’d Urijah Faber in the first round of their second bout. Word is that Cruz is back in the gym, and UFC president Dana White spoke about ‘The Dominator’ at the UFC on Fox 11 media scrum, stating:
“If he wanted to fight Barao (when he returns) yeah, I’d do it. But Barao is one of those guys….Barao is so nasty. I’d fight somebody else, if it was me, personally.”
I highly doubt that Cruz is the type of guy to turn down the title shot because of the dangerous champion, so the fight is almost certain to happen eventually. Although, TJ Dillashaw could well be the champion by then. Either way, do you think that Cruz should get the immediate crack at the belt after such an absence from the game? I mean, it’s hardly like the bantamweight division is crammed with contenders…
Cruz ruled the division from his March 2010 championship win in the WEC, to his second UFC fight in October 2011, and is currently unbeaten in his last 10. Take a vote and let me know your thoughts.