- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 186 Main Card Live Results: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Scores Latest Finish In UFC History
- Top Five ‘Rampage’ Knockouts Of All-Time
POLL: Should ‘Big Nog’ Retire From MMA After Knockout Loss To Roy Nelson?
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira returned to action last night in Abu Dhabi, looking to reignite his glory years at Fight Night 39 against Roy Nelson. Unfortunately for ‘Big Nog’, he was the recipient of a brutal first round knockout, courtesy of a ‘Big Country’ right hand. The KO marks the second fight in a row that Nogueira has been finished.
Before joining the UFC back in 2007, Nogueira had only lost four times, and had never been stopped in competition. Since that time, ‘Minotauro’ has lost five fights, and all have been stoppages. Frank Mir shocked the world when he TKO’d ‘Big Nog’ at UFC 92, and then submitted the former Pride champion three years later at UFC 140.
Time waits for no man in MMA, and perhaps last night was a sign that the game has just passed Nogueira by. It’s sad to say, as ‘Big Nog’ is a great fighter with a huge heart. Is it really necessary for the 37 year old to take any more punishment? With a title run looking unlikely at this point, should Nogueira call it quits on a legendary career?