- Contradiction! Anderson Silva May Not Get Title Shot If He Beats Nick Diaz
- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 3
- UFC 183 Pre-Fight Staredowns: Anderson Silva & Nick Diaz Face Off
- Is Nick Diaz Fighting Anderson Silva Strictly For The Paycheck?
- Clay Guida vs. Robbie Peralta & Justin Jones vs. Ron Stallings Added To UFC Fight Night 63
- UFC Pay-Per-View Price Increase Is Now Permanent
- Dana White Clarifies Jon Jones Rehabilitation Stint
POLL: Should Alexander Gustafsson Or Daniel Cormier Have The Next Shot At Jon Jones?
The media storm surrounding the UFC light-heavyweight division right now is a busy and controversial one; the champion Jon Jones seems intent on getting a scrap with Daniel Cormier, than he does on granting the number one contender his chance. I am of course talking about Alexander Gustafsson, whom Jones had faced for a thrilling five rounds at UFC 165 last year.
The Swedish ‘Mauler’ has been making his case in and out of the octagon for a rematch with ‘Bones’, but Jones has publicly stated his interest in a fight with surging contender DC. UFC president Dana White had his say on the situation.
The debate has only been going for a week or so, but the result has shown that there are some fans harbouring ill will for the champion at 205. ‘Bones’ has come under a fair share of criticism for what some are calling ‘ducking’ Gustafsson. The bout at 165 was very close, and the Swede stayed active by knocking out Jimi Manuwa in March.
It seems as though Jones may not have a say in this one after all, whether he likes it or not, but do you think that is right? Should he be able to make his own order of contenders, or should he stick to being a fighter and let Joe Silva do the matchmaking? With that in mind, who do you think deserves the next shot at Jones?