- Jacare Souza & Yoel Romero (Kinda) Agree To Fight In 2015
- UFC 179 Conor McGregor Q&A Video
- UFC 179 Weigh-Ins Video And Results
- Knee Injury Forces Diego Sanchez Out Of UFC 180
- UFC 179 Embedded: Episode 3
- UFC 179 Open Workouts From Rio
- Conor McGregor vs Dennis Siver In The Works For January UFC In Boston
- Chris Weidman vs Vitor Belfort Set For UFC 184 On February 28th From Los Angeles
POLL: Should Alexander Gustafsson Or Daniel Cormier Have The Next Shot At Jon Jones?
The media storm surrounding the UFC light-heavyweight division right now is a busy and controversial one; the champion Jon Jones seems intent on getting a scrap with Daniel Cormier, than he does on granting the number one contender his chance. I am of course talking about Alexander Gustafsson, whom Jones had faced for a thrilling five rounds at UFC 165 last year.
The Swedish ‘Mauler’ has been making his case in and out of the octagon for a rematch with ‘Bones’, but Jones has publicly stated his interest in a fight with surging contender DC. UFC president Dana White had his say on the situation.
The debate has only been going for a week or so, but the result has shown that there are some fans harbouring ill will for the champion at 205. ‘Bones’ has come under a fair share of criticism for what some are calling ‘ducking’ Gustafsson. The bout at 165 was very close, and the Swede stayed active by knocking out Jimi Manuwa in March.
It seems as though Jones may not have a say in this one after all, whether he likes it or not, but do you think that is right? Should he be able to make his own order of contenders, or should he stick to being a fighter and let Joe Silva do the matchmaking? With that in mind, who do you think deserves the next shot at Jones?