- UFC 183 Main Card Live Results: Thales Leites Comes Back To Submit Tim Boetsch
- UFC 183 Prelims Live Results: Gritty Tate Tops McMann
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Press Conference
- Dana White Says John Lineker & Kelvin Gastelum Will Move Up In Weight
- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 4
- Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson Out Of UFC Fight Night 60 Headliner Against Brandon Thatch
- Updated: Chris Weidman Injured, UFC 184 Bout With Vitor Belfort Cancelled
- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Official For UFC 189 Main Event In July
- UFC 183 Weigh-Ins Video & Results: Gastelum & Lineker Miss Badly
Sergio Pettis: When I’m At Full Potential I’m Dangerous
Sergio Pettis joins the UFC with an impressive record of 9-0 and an older brother who is currently in charge of the 155 lb. division. Following his first round submission win at NAFC : Battle in the Ballroom, it was revealed that Pettis would make his debut against travelled Bantamweight Vaughn Lee.
The younger Pettis certainly has a lot to live up to, if his brother’s talents are anything to go by. Sergio spoke with Fightersonlymag.com to give his take on his November debut:
“Vaughn Lee is going to see me at my full potential. I have a lot to prove to the division, to the world, and to myself. When I’m at my full potential, I’m dangerous.”
Anthony Pettis is known for his crazy, acrobatic moves; moves that have seen Showtime finish Joe Lauzon, Donald Cerrone, and Benson Henderson consecutively. SP claims to have a different style to his sibling:
“I’m different from my brother. I’d say I’m more technical, and don’t do as many flashy moves, but I will still finish fights just like my brother. Regardless, I’m very grateful for this opportunity, and I will not disappoint the fans on November 16th,” he says.
If he is able to impress in his debut, there is no reason why Pettis couldn’t take his spotless record on towards a title shot at Bantamweight. How interesting would it be to see two brothers running two weight divisions?
Check out Sergio Pettis’ final fight before the UFC snatched him up, courtesy of Combat Corner Professional and decide if you think he will be a force.