- Burt Watson Denies Resignation Had Anything To Do With Rousey, White & Munoz
- Ronda Rousey: Me Fighting Men Is Not A Reality
- Chris Weidman: “It Just Sucks” That Anderson Silva Took Steroids
- Invicta FC 11: “Cyborg” Pockets 15 x Tweet’s Salary
- Anthony Johnson Doubts Jon Jones Will Train Year-Round
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
Sara McMann and Ovince St. Preux set to make octagon debuts at UFC 159, plus more
A handful of bouts were announced in the past 24 hours or so for multiple events across north America. Let’s start off chronologically to make this easier.
On Monday the UFC officially announced two fights that will be going down at UFC 159, one of which will include an octagon debut between Womens American Freestyle wrestling silver medalist and now undefeated mixed martial artist Sara McMann, who will face off against Sheila Gaff who is currently on a three fight winning streak. Additionally Strikeforce prospects Ovince St. Preux and Gian Villante will also do battle. UFC 159 will take place April 27th at the Prudential center in Newark, New Jersey.
The UFC also announced that Heavyweight fighter Soa Palelei who is currently on an 8-fight winning streak will be making his octagon return against Stipe Miocic at UFC 161 who will be looking to rebound from his recent loss against Stefan Struve. This fight is expected to be on the main card with the Shogun/Nogueira rematch and the rumored Hendo/Evans bout.