- Urijah Faber: TJ Dillashaw & Chad Mendes Could Both Beat Jose Aldo
- Tyron Woodley Says Hector Lombard Is ‘Salty And Bitter’
- Ricardo Lamas Envisions An Unconcsious Conor McGregor
- UFC Fight Night 57 Aftermath: Junior, Edgar, JB & ‘The Photo’
- Quote: Jon Jones Couldn’t Keep Cain Velasquez Off Him
- Just How Far Will Edson Barboza Go?
- Cub Swanson Thanks Frankie Edgar For Teaching Him A Lesson
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
- UFC Fight Night 57: Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 57: Edson Barboza vs. Bobby Green Highlights
Rony Jason Suspended An Additional Thirty Days For Punching Wall In Brazil
The fallout of Rony Jason’s devastating headkick loss to Jeremy Stephens at last Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 32 in Goiania, Brazil, seems to just keep haunting the TUF: Brazil 1 winner.
After punching a door backstage in frustration following the loss, Jason was taken to the hospital for a dozen stiches to close up a huge cut on his arm. Add that to the lengthy 180-day medical suspension he received for the knockout, and the night was a bust for Jason.
But it gets worse.
According to MMA Junkie, the Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission (CABMMA) has suspended Jason for an additional thirty days for “anti-sportsmanship” conduct. The suspension will be served after his original medical suspension, meaning Jason will be on the shelf well into next year.
It seems like a bit of insult to injury for Jason, who probably knows what he did wrong. His lengthy medical suspension was more than enough time to reflect on the mistakes in the fight, adding an additional thirty days for punching a wall seems like a bit much.
After all, fighters have gotten away scot-free with much worse.
UFC president Dana White didn’t seem to care much about the incident after UFC Fight Night 32, noting that things like that happen when emotions are running high:
“Listen, this stuff happens, man. Especially a young guy, a big loss like that, a devastating loss like that, you do stupid stuff sometimes. I don’t think he expected to slice his arm open and get hurt, but it happens.”
Apparently the CABMMA didn’t feel the same way. What are your thoughts on the situation?