- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
- Benson Henderson & Michael Johnson Verbally Agree To Fight
- UFC 185 Drug Tests Come Back Negative
- Alexander Gustafsson Faces Glover Teixeira At UFC Fight Night 69 In Berlin
- Jose Aldo Says There Was ‘No Slap,’ Find Out For Yourself
- Ronda Rousey Joins ‘The Rock’ At WrestleMania To Throw ‘Triple H,’ Dana White Approves
- Anthony Pettis Has No Timetable For Return, Wants To Fight Nate Diaz
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
Ronda Rousey Outlines Her Strategy To Beat Floyd Mayweather Jr.
UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is flying high above the rest of the competition right now; she most recently TKO’d Sara McMann at UFC 170 and is looking like she is just too good for the talent available. Currently being linked to potential fights with Cat Zingano, Alexis Davis and even Cyborg Justino, it seems ‘Rowdy’ could have a rather busy schedule this year.
The striking game that Rousey bought to UFC 170 was much improved, and it seems she is still honing her game. ‘Rowdy’ stopped by to talk with Power 106 FM to talk about what would happen in a fight with boxing great Floyd Mayweather jr., because obviously that could happen:
“I’ll tell you what I’d do. You ready? I would drop down to the ground and crawl over to him as fast I as I can and then I’d grab him by…I would even stand up. I wouldn’t be anywhere near him. I would just do a little army crawl over there. He’d have to run away and I’d be skittering after him, like the one dude in Bloodsport who was doing the whole monkey crawl fight system. I would do that. I would just bear crawl over there, just too low for him to hit me and tackle him down.”
Although a fight with Mayweather is as close to impossible as can be, the idea of boxing crossovers to MMA have been a reality in the past. Boxing great/MMA can James Toney is probably the most notable. The pasting he took against Randy Couture did little else but prove the former pugilistic legend will take beatings for money.
So check out the full video interview with Rousey below, and stay tuned to LowKick!