- Josh Koscheck vs. Neil Magny Targeted For UFC 184
- UFC Fight Night 57 Live Prelims Results
- Urijah Faber Says Cruz Is In Trouble Against ‘Killashaw’
- Edson Barboza: If Bobby Green Makes A Misstep, I’ll Knock Him Out
- Fabricio Werdum Accepts Jon Jones’ Super Fight Challenge
- Anthony Pettis Upset By Duke Roufus Accusations
- UFC Fight Night 57 LowKick Staff Predictions
- Bobby Green Gives Emotional Interview About Fighting Life
- UFC Fight Night 57 Weigh-ins Results: Edgar vs Swanson Is Official
- It’s Time To Give Fabricio Werdum More Respect
Ronda Rousey On The Mend & Rehabbing After Surgery
Bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey defended her title for the fourth consecutive time last month, when she defeated Alexis Davis by way of a first round TKO at the July 5, 2014, UFC 175 card in Las Vegas, Nevada. Exiting the ring with a broken thumb, Rousey required no surgery to correct the digit; however, the champ did elect to undergo “maintenance” surgery on her right knee two weeks after the bout. Rousey’s purpose for the scope was to clean up some “stuff” that had been floating around in her knee.
With the surgery now complete, “Rowdy” is already back training and working on her rehabilitation. Posting an Instagram video of her efforts, tonight (August 8, 2014), the champ looks to be her usual determined self and working hard at getting back into top form.
As to when the champion is apt to back in the Octagon, there is no word. However, chances are good that fans could see her returning to the ring before the end of the year and facing the winner of the Cat Zingano vs. Amanda Nunes bout, which is set for UFC 178 on September 27 (2014). Of course, that could all go out the window if the UFC signs Gina Carano.