- Ronda Rousey Joins ‘The Rock’ At WrestleMania To Throw ‘Triple H,’ Dana White Approves
- Anthony Pettis Has No Timetable For Return, Wants To Fight Nate Diaz
- WSOF 19: Teddy Holder vs. Thiago Silva Video Highlights
- Drew Dober Returns To Face Efrain Escudero At UFC 188
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
- WSOF 19 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Luis Palomino In All-Out War
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
Ronda Rousey On The Mend & Rehabbing After Surgery
Bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey defended her title for the fourth consecutive time last month, when she defeated Alexis Davis by way of a first round TKO at the July 5, 2014, UFC 175 card in Las Vegas, Nevada. Exiting the ring with a broken thumb, Rousey required no surgery to correct the digit; however, the champ did elect to undergo “maintenance” surgery on her right knee two weeks after the bout. Rousey’s purpose for the scope was to clean up some “stuff” that had been floating around in her knee.
With the surgery now complete, “Rowdy” is already back training and working on her rehabilitation. Posting an Instagram video of her efforts, tonight (August 8, 2014), the champ looks to be her usual determined self and working hard at getting back into top form.
As to when the champion is apt to back in the Octagon, there is no word. However, chances are good that fans could see her returning to the ring before the end of the year and facing the winner of the Cat Zingano vs. Amanda Nunes bout, which is set for UFC 178 on September 27 (2014). Of course, that could all go out the window if the UFC signs Gina Carano.