- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
- Benson Henderson & Michael Johnson Verbally Agree To Fight
- UFC 185 Drug Tests Come Back Negative
- Alexander Gustafsson Faces Glover Teixeira At UFC Fight Night 69 In Berlin
- Jose Aldo Says There Was ‘No Slap,’ Find Out For Yourself
- Ronda Rousey Joins ‘The Rock’ At WrestleMania To Throw ‘Triple H,’ Dana White Approves
- Anthony Pettis Has No Timetable For Return, Wants To Fight Nate Diaz
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
Ronda Rousey On The Mend & Rehabbing After Surgery
Bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey defended her title for the fourth consecutive time last month, when she defeated Alexis Davis by way of a first round TKO at the July 5, 2014, UFC 175 card in Las Vegas, Nevada. Exiting the ring with a broken thumb, Rousey required no surgery to correct the digit; however, the champ did elect to undergo “maintenance” surgery on her right knee two weeks after the bout. Rousey’s purpose for the scope was to clean up some “stuff” that had been floating around in her knee.
With the surgery now complete, “Rowdy” is already back training and working on her rehabilitation. Posting an Instagram video of her efforts, tonight (August 8, 2014), the champ looks to be her usual determined self and working hard at getting back into top form.
As to when the champion is apt to back in the Octagon, there is no word. However, chances are good that fans could see her returning to the ring before the end of the year and facing the winner of the Cat Zingano vs. Amanda Nunes bout, which is set for UFC 178 on September 27 (2014). Of course, that could all go out the window if the UFC signs Gina Carano.