- UFC 178: Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier Highlights
- UFC 178: Demetrious Johnson vs Chris Cariaso Highlights
- UFC 178 Post-Fight Bonuses: Cruz, McGregor Bank $50,000
- Tim Kennedy Will Appeal UFC 178 Loss To Yoel Romero
- UFC 178: Watch Dominick Cruz Destroy Takeya Mizugaki To Earn Next Title Shot
- UFC 178 Prelims Results: Dominick Cruz Dominates Takeya Mizugaki
- UFC 178 Main Card Results: McGregor Scores First Round Finish
Ronda Rousey On The Mend & Rehabbing After Surgery
Bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey defended her title for the fourth consecutive time last month, when she defeated Alexis Davis by way of a first round TKO at the July 5, 2014, UFC 175 card in Las Vegas, Nevada. Exiting the ring with a broken thumb, Rousey required no surgery to correct the digit; however, the champ did elect to undergo “maintenance” surgery on her right knee two weeks after the bout. Rousey’s purpose for the scope was to clean up some “stuff” that had been floating around in her knee.
With the surgery now complete, “Rowdy” is already back training and working on her rehabilitation. Posting an Instagram video of her efforts, tonight (August 8, 2014), the champ looks to be her usual determined self and working hard at getting back into top form.
As to when the champion is apt to back in the Octagon, there is no word. However, chances are good that fans could see her returning to the ring before the end of the year and facing the winner of the Cat Zingano vs. Amanda Nunes bout, which is set for UFC 178 on September 27 (2014). Of course, that could all go out the window if the UFC signs Gina Carano.