- Poll: Will Anthony Johnson Become The Next Light-Heavyweight Champ?
- Jon Jones Reacts To Anthony Johnson’s Win Over Alexander Gustafsson On Twitter
- UFC on FOX 14: Gegard Mousasi vs. Dan Henderson Highlights
- UFC on FOX 14: Anthony Johnson vs. Alexander Gustafsson Highlights
- UFC on FOX 14 Post-Fight Bonuses: ‘Rumble’ Headlines List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC on FOX 14 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC on FOX 14 Main Card Results: Rumble Destroys Alexander Gustafsson In Round One
- UFC on FOX 14 Prelims Results: Tumenov Wins Thriller Over Musoke
Ronda Rousey Lands Movie Roles In “Entourage” & “Athena’s Project”
The UFC women’s bantamweight champion, Ronda Rousey, is continuing to make her mark in Hollywood as an actress.
Rousey, who recently filmed “Fast and Furious 7″ and “Expendables 3″, has been chosen by Warner Bros. to star in two of their upcoming films. The 27-year old is set to play lead rolls in the movie version of HBO’s “Entourage” and Brad Thor’s “Athena Project”.
Variety.com first reported the news yesterday:
The studio is in final negotiations to acquire rights to New York Times bestselling author Brad Thor’s “Athena Project” with Rousey attached to star, and it’s also tapped her for one of the female leads in the upcoming “Entourage” movie.
Sources say Rousey fell in love with (The Athena Project) and also quickly clicked with author Thor, attaching herself to the project before it even had a studio involved. After the studio approached her reps about doing the “Entourage” movie, the studio was also interested in other things she may want to work on given the great word of mouth from “The Expendables 3″ and “Fast and Furious 7″ shoots.
The “Expendables 3″, which Rousey filmed while training to fight Tate, is set to premiere on August 15. “Fast and Furious 7′s” release has been delayed until April 2015, due to the unfortunate death of Rousey’s co-star Paul Walker.
The undefeated champion most recently fought in December, in the co-main event of UFC 169. In that fight she beat Miesha Tate for the second time in her career with her trademark armbar, Rousey previously submitted Tate in Strikeforce to win the promotions bantamweight title.
“Rowdy” is set to start filming her role for “Entourage” in mid-March. We will get to see her in the cage one more time before that however, as she will attempt to defend her bantamweight title against fellow Olympian Sara McMann.
Rousey and McMann will square of later this month on the 22 in the main event of UFC 170. We’ll see how that fight in Las Vegas plays before we talk more about her acting career.