- Matt Mitrione Views Andrei Arlovski As ‘The Next Step’
- Machida vs. Dollaway Scheduled For UFC Fight Night 58
- Coach: Hendricks About 85 Percent, Looking To Return In February
- Ronda Rousey: I’m Sure ‘Cyborg’ Will Dope As Long As Possible Before Coming To UFC
- UFN 50 Medical Suspensions: ‘Jacare’ & Rothwell Out Indefinitely
Ronda Rousey employs boxing champ Vic Darchinyan for training
It appears that UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey is taking the comments about her perceived lack of standup skills seriously. Employing former bantamweight boxing champion Vic Darchinyan, the champ is contstantly looking to add new facets to her game. The two spar courtesy of Fight Hub TV, and Darchinyan had high praise for Rousey.
While Darchinyan held the huge advantage in the striking department, he admitted that Rousey threw him around when they grappled. Rousey’s boxing does seem to be coming along nicely as an extension of her already aggressive game. Will this training help Rousey deal with the effective striking of Cat Zingano?