- Did A Head Butt Cause Alexander Gustafsson To Lose In Sweden?
- Daniel Cormier Wants To Fight Alexander Gustafsson In Louisiana
- Jon Jones Unveils His Light Heavyweight Top Five
- Dan Henderson Stoppage Reportedly Saved His Vision At UFC on FOX 14
- UFC 183 Video Roundup, Start Times & TV Schedule
- Countdown To UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz
- UFC on FOX 14 Overnight Numbers Show Biggest FOX Ratings In Two Years
- Five Light Heavyweight Bouts To Make After UFC on FOX 14
- Biggest Winners & Losers From UFC On FOX 14
- Rumble To Jones: Keep Your Hands Up Or It’s Lights Out
Roger Gracie vs. Tim Kennedy: Gracie Family Pride On The Line At UFC 162
Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman may steal the show at UFC 162, however, another hotly anticipated battle will be held on the same card between former Strikeforce fighters Roger Gracie & Tim Kennedy. Once again, the Gracie family name will be on the line as Roger moves to secure a win in his UFC debut.
Roger is the 4th member of the Gracie family to fight in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Since 1999, Roger has been competing on the jiu jitsu circuits and is an extremely dangerous opponent. This is a very important fight for the Gracie family after Rolles Gracie put on one of the most embarrassing performances at UFC 109 against Joey Beltran, gassing out and laying on the canvas, with a refereed stoppage in round two. Renzo Gracie then suffered a TKO loss in round 3 at UFC 112 against Matt Hughes. Let’s have a look at some of Roger’s stats and tournament wins as he heads for Gracie redemption in Vegas on July 7th in this epic matchup.
Roger Gracie Stats:
Professional record (6-1-0)
Height: 6FT 4 inches
Reach 79 inch
Age: 31 years
MMA Loss-First round KO to Muhammed Lawal.
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Submission Grappling record 65-7 (multi-time Gold medallist in ADCC grappling and World Jujitsu Championship.
Jiu jitsu Tournament wins
2002-World Jiu jitsu Championship: Win over Ronaldo Souza
2005-ADCC Submission wrestling world Championship-Win over Shinya Aoki
2005-World Jiu jitsu Championship-Lost to Ronaldo Souza in Final
2005-ADCC Submission Wrestling Championship. Win over Fabricio Werdum (quarter final)
GRACIE FIGHTERS who have fought for the UFC
Tim Kennedy Stats
Professional record: 15-4-0
Height 5 ft 11 inches
Reach: 74 inches
Strengths: Submissions, cardio, strength
Notable wins against – Robbie Lawler, Melvin Manhoef, Zac Cummings
Tim Kennedy is a tough opponent however he will be giving up a sizable reach and height advantage coming into this fight. He is also facing an extremely dangerous submission expert and may have to rely on his stand-up and cardio to get the job done as the canvas could be a deadly place to land.