- ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs Soa Palelei Added To UFC 190 In August
- Three Reasons To Watch UFC 186
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 3
- Invicta FC 12 Results: Souza Becomes New Strawweight Champion
- Noncommittal About Return, Georges St. Pierre ‘Taking It Slow’ In Training
- UFC 186 Weigh-In Results: Title Fight Official In Canada
- UFC 186 LowKick Predictions
- ONE Championship 26 Results: Askren vs. Santos Ends In No Contest Following Eyepoke
- UFC 186: Georges St-Pierre And Rory MacDonald Q&A
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 2
Rogan Riffs: Anderson Silva
“The term great fighter gets thrown around a lot…it exists embodied in one man and that man, is Anderson Silva.” -Joe Rogan
Well, here’s a short video that should make Silva fans beam with joy. In it, Joe Rogan waxes effusively about whom he (and most) believe to be the greatest MMA fighter of all time, Anderson “The Spider” Silva.
Rogan feels that there’s not even a “close second”. That it’s as if he sees things before they even happen. It’s like “he’s in a movie.”
Rogan believes that Silva is a perfect storm of physical talent, intelligence, discipline, training and natural gifts and it would be hard to argue against the case.
The sport, particularly the UFC, has never seen anything like him. He makes both the good and the great look bad. He seems to fight his opponents with a complete sense of disdain, as if they have no place in being in the ring with him and perhaps he’s right. So far, no one, with the exception of Sonnen and Dan Henderson for 1 round, has even come close to touching the Champ.
When he entered the UFC, he slaughtered Chris Leben and then promptly slaughtered the division champion Rich Franklin. Beyond that, he’s never looked back and in doing so has cemented his legacy as the greatest of all time.
Considering his greatness, what one thing would you put it down to?
For me, I think it’s his footwork above all else. He is a master of playing catch-me-if-you-can. One second he’s there and the next he is not.