- Ben Henderson vs Eddie Alvarez Added To Boston Card
- Anderson Silva & Shogun Rua Announced As TUF Brazil 4 Coaches
- Jimi Manuwa Injured, Ovince St. Preux To Fight Shogun
- Ronda Rousey vs. Cat Zingano Moved To UFC 184 Co-Main Event
- Donald Cerrone vs. Myles Jury Official For UFC Fight Night 59, Moved To UFC 182
Robbie Lawler: I’m Going To Fight As Long As I Still Want To Rip People’s Heads Off
Robbie Lawler has been a MMA star for over 12 years now, competing in Strikeforce, UFC, Pride FC and Elite XC. He has been there and done it, but still has the hunger to compete. Currently in his second UFC tenure, Lawler is looking to improve on his KO win over Josh Koscheck, when he faces Bobby Voelker at UFC on Fox 8.
Lawler has always been known for his big KO power, and exciting finishes. I was surprised to see how long he competed outside of the UFC, as I have always seen him as a top flight competitor. His opponent, Voelker, actually has the edge in number of fights at pro level. Holding a 24-9 record to Lawler’s 20-9(1), will actually make Voelker the cage veteran, as far as fights are concerned.
It will be interesting to see how Volker deals with Lawler’s power, ‘Ruthless’ has knocked out 17 of his 20 opponents in the win column, although Voelker holds 15 KO’s and four submission by strikes victories.
I’m starting to think that this might be one hell of a barn burner. Check out lawler’s pre fight interview courtesy of MMAFighting.com, and stay tuned to Lowkick!