- Ohio Prosecutor Drops Alleged Assault Case Against Matt Brown
- UFC May Be Targeting Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir 3 For Madison Square Garden
- Anthony Johnson Doubts Jon Jones Will Train Year-Round
- UFC 187 Keeps Growing: Uriah Hall Faces Rafael Natal
- Ronda Rousey Won’t Say She’s Incapable Of Beating Anyone
- Vitor Belfort: I Was Tested Seven Times For My Fight With Weidman – Was He?
- Conor McGregor: Zingano Looked Rushed
- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
Renzo Gracie Arrested In Manhattan Bar Brawl With Night Club Bouncer
This past weekend was a slow one for the UFC and with no fights scheduled for any fighters that he might corner or coach, Renzo Gracie took to the streets of New York City for a night out on the town with his friends.
As it turned out, Gracie and his crew of approximately seven in total, showed up at the “1-OAK” nightclub in Manhattan and from the description reported, almost immediately found themselves in a brawl with the club’s door staff.
According to witnesses, the 47 year old UFC veteran and Brazilian jiu Jitsu master was at the front of the line when the commotion started. Once begun, the fight quickly spilled out into the street where one of the bouncers found himself on the ground and mounted by the legendary ground fighter.
With the police called, members of the city’s 10th Precinct showed up on scene and arrested Gracie and his entire entourage.
As reported by Sherdog:
“According to the witness, Gracie arrived at the club in a group of approximately seven men and immediately went to the front of the line. Gracie then became involved in a confrontation with what the witness described as the doorman. Things escalated from there, as Gracie’s group allegedly squared off with a group of 1-Oak bouncers. According to the witness, Gracie at one point had the doorman in full mount, while another one of his group hit a different bouncer with a construction cone. The fracas spilled into the street, with more punches being thrown. Eventually the police arrived and arrested everyone in Gracie’s party, while an ambulance came for the bouncer (that) had been mounted by Gracie… It was unclear as to why Gracie and his group were originally upset.”
Regarding the bouncer, he was apparently transported to Bellevue Hospital where he was treated for a broken arm; no information was available as to how the bouncer broke his arm.
As to Gracie and his crew, there was no mention as to what they’ve been charged with, nor was there word as to what initiated the brawl.