- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 186 Main Card Live Results: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Scores Latest Finish In UFC History
- Top Five ‘Rampage’ Knockouts Of All-Time
- UFC 186 Preliminary Card Results: Patrick Cote Outlasts Joe Riggs
- ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs Soa Palelei Added To UFC 190 In August
- Three Reasons To Watch UFC 186
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 3
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Rashad Evans says he can defeat Anderson Silva
Former UFC Light Heavyweight champion Rashad “Suga” Evans appeared on the UFC 156 media conference call today in preparation for his upcoming bout Antonio Rogerio Nogueira. But it was his comments about a far more illustrious fighter that had the most impact. When the inevitable topic of Anderson Silva was brought up, Evans responded with respect:
“It would be a tremendous honor to have held the belt in two different divisions, but also the chance to compete against Anderson Silva would be an honor. He’s one of my favorite fighters to watch, I get excited every single time I get a chance to watch him fight.”
However, Evans is also confident in his chances against the champ. Evans has slightly campaigned for a fight with Silva over the past year, but with such a jumble of possibilities for The Spider at Middleweight and beyond, that fight has not even remotely taken off the ground. It appears Evans is trying to stoke that fire today:
“I believe I can beat Anderson Silva and I believe that the skills and stuff that I have is something he would have a hard time dealing with. But to compete against the guy, first and foremost, would be an honor in and of itself.”
If and when he gets there, would he be the man to finally defeat Anderson Silva?