- Lewis vs. Jordan, Jouban vs. Ebersole Scheduled For UFC Fight Night 68
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
- Photos: CM Punk’s First ‘MMA Fight Scrimmage’ At Roufusport
- Burt Watson Confirms Resignation From UFC After 14 Years
- UFC 185 Free Fight: Anthony Pettis vs. Joe Lauzon
- Dana White: Georges St- Pierre Doesn’t Want To Fight
Rashad Evans says he can defeat Anderson Silva
Former UFC Light Heavyweight champion Rashad “Suga” Evans appeared on the UFC 156 media conference call today in preparation for his upcoming bout Antonio Rogerio Nogueira. But it was his comments about a far more illustrious fighter that had the most impact. When the inevitable topic of Anderson Silva was brought up, Evans responded with respect:
“It would be a tremendous honor to have held the belt in two different divisions, but also the chance to compete against Anderson Silva would be an honor. He’s one of my favorite fighters to watch, I get excited every single time I get a chance to watch him fight.”
However, Evans is also confident in his chances against the champ. Evans has slightly campaigned for a fight with Silva over the past year, but with such a jumble of possibilities for The Spider at Middleweight and beyond, that fight has not even remotely taken off the ground. It appears Evans is trying to stoke that fire today:
“I believe I can beat Anderson Silva and I believe that the skills and stuff that I have is something he would have a hard time dealing with. But to compete against the guy, first and foremost, would be an honor in and of itself.”
If and when he gets there, would he be the man to finally defeat Anderson Silva?