- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
- Andrei Arlovski Would Love A Rematch With Fedor Emeliananko
- Anthony Pettis Believes He Can Take Over As UFC’s Top Star
- Hostilities Rise Between Cyborg and Ronda Rousey Camp
- Anderson Silva Surprised By Drug Test Drama, Talks Rematch With Nick Diaz
- Fedor Emelianenko Reveals That Russian Fighters Won’t Take His Advice
- Kelvin Gastelum, Efrain Escudero Named TUF: Latin America 2 Coaches
- UFC 193 Official In Melbourne
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
Rankings: Top 25 P4P MMA Fighters
This is my personal ranking of the greatest 25 fighters, pound-for-pound, currently in MMA.
MMA talent in 2013 is drastically higher than it has ever been before, even just 18 months ago seems like a notable step down from today’s standard. ?The majority of the current UFC champions are without a doubt the greatest of all time in their respective divisions and the ones that aren’t have the potential to gain that title over the next few years. As well as the great champions, every single division is as stacked as it has ever been and there seems to be at least one or two contenders for each belt that have a legitimate chance of taking it.
A few important notes to take in to consideration before reading my rankings:?These are not set in stone – there is no point in modifying this list but my thoughts on the rankings can easily change given any fair arguments.?
There are a few positions of the fighters (JDS is a good example) that were so hard to decide upon that this list could look slightly different if it was made tomorrow morning or if I was in a different mood, you get the idea.?
Fighters that have been inactive for a very long time (including Dominick Cruz) were left out of consideration, as it is impossible to tell what their current abilities are.?
This is a male only list. I struggle comparing the level of competition in the Male and Female divisions of MMA against each other, and with Ronda Rousey being the only arguable entry from the Females, I decided to avoid the difficulty and controversy of ranking.?·
Criteria used in combination to decide rankings (some are more important than others and some don’t matter greatly due to the fighter excelling in another) – Performances (including dominance, finishing ability, mental strength/toughness, heart), level of competition, longevity against top competition, level of skills, competing at physical or skill disadvantages, well-roundedness of skills, career résumé.
The Top 25 P4P MMA Fighters:
. Georges St-Pierre
. Fabrício Werdum
Okay, now it’s your turn! ?This article is mainly to set up a discussion amongst the community but I would also enjoy answering any challenges or questions on my rankings.