- UFC 183: Iaquinta vs. Lauzon, Woodley vs. Gastelum Highlights
- Nick Diaz: I Was Injured Before UFC 183, Couldn’t Throw Punches
- Anderson Silva Will ‘Talk Serious’ With His Family About Fighting Future
- Quote: Vitor Belfort Turned Down Interim Title Bout With Lyoto Machida
- UFC 183: Thiago Alves vs. Jordan Mein Highlights
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Highlights
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Bonuses: Thiago Alves Pockets $50,000
- Poll: Where Does Anderson Silva Go From Here?
- Benson Henderson To Make Welterweight Debut, Faces Brandon Thatch At UFC Fight Night 60
- UFC 183: Miesha Tate vs. Sara McMann Highlights And Post-Fight Interview
“Rampage” vs. M’Pumbu, “King Mo” vs. Zayats Slated For Bellator 4-Man Tournament
Bellator Fighting Championships have revealed two fights for their Bellator 110 card.
Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Christian M’Pumbu and Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal vs. Mikhail Zayats, will all fight in a four man light-heavyweight tournament. The winner will most likely face reigning champ Attila Vegh; as long as he gets past Emanuel Newton at Bellator 113.
“Rampage” got back in the win column at Bellator 108, where he knocked out fellow UFC vet Joey Beltran. Jackson was expected to fight Tito Ortiz instead of Beltran at Bellator 106 but the fight was scrapped when Ortiz suffered a neck injury.
The win over Beltran snapped a three-fight losing streak for Jackson and was his first win by knockout in nearly five years. “Rampage” told MMAJunkie.com he was excited to be a part of the tournament.
“I’m very excited to do my first tournament in years,” Jackson said. “Bellator has the toughest tournament on the planet, and that’s how you know you’re really the champion. I’m here to show the world I’m back, healthy and motivated. It’s very bad for everybody at 205 in this tournament. I’m going to win this tournament by everybody going to sleep.”
His opponent M’Pumbu, a former Bellator champion, will be desperate for a win after coming up short in his last two fights. He last fought at Bellator 91, where he lost a unanimous decision to Attila Vegh in his first title defence. Prior to that he lost to Travis Wiuff in a non-title fight. The two losses are the first consecutive defeats of the Frenchman’s 24 fight career.
“King Mo” will be looking to make a big impact in his fight with Zayats, after suffering his second disappointing defeat to Newton for the interim championship at Bellator 106. Prior to that he was on a two fight win-streak with finishes over Seth Petruzelli and Jacob Noe respectively.
Lawal’s opponent, Zayats, is a former sambo world champion and last fought at Bellator 103, where he submitted Aaron Rosa. The Russian is 8-1 in his last 9 fights with his only loss coming to Newton.
Bellator 110 will air on Spike TV on February 28th and is set to take place in the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut. The event will also feature the opening round of the season 10 featherweight tournament.