- Jacare Still Believes The Next Title Shot Will Be His
- UFC on FOX 15 Official Weigh-In Video & Results: Main Event Official
- Rafael dos Anjos Aims For November Return Following Surgery
- UFC on FOX 15 Q&A With Frankie Edgar Live Now
- Jon Jones: ‘Mr. JV’ Phil Davis Can’t ‘Crumble Me Like A Cookie’ In Bellator
- UFC on FOX 15 LowKick Predictions
- Phil Davis Reveals UFC Refused To Match Bellator’s Offer
- No Bad Blood? Felice Herrig & Paige VanZant Separated During Staredown
- Bobby Green To Anthony Pettis: ‘You Did Nothing Wrong, You Got Played Bro’
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
Predicting Saturday’s UFC on Fox 8 Bonuses
UFC on Fox 8 is set to go down this Saturday, and I hope we are in for a great night of fights. I usually like to predict the outcome of fights in the days leading up, but I though I’d switch it up a bit this time.
I will do my best to predict the fight night bonus winners for Saturday’s card, although I wouldn’t take my predictions down to the betting office, as I have been wrong before.
Fight of the night
I expect Demetrious Johnson and John Moraga to steal fight of the night honors, not only because they are excellent athletes, but also because of the scrutiny that the division has been under. It’s time for someone to truly put the Flyweights on the map, and I think these two will put on a spectacular display for the fans. The lighter divisions are always faster, and I think these two will go at it like a pair of pitbulls. Johnson already holds two FOTN bonuses from his tenure thus far, and I expect another home run performance from Mighty Mouse.
Submission of the night
Look for TUF: Live’s Michael Chiesa to continue his run of good form when he squares off against Strikeforce veteran Jorge Masvidal. Chiesa is the owner of seven submission victories and a 9-0 record, and a purple belt in BJJ will help him against the stand up based Masvidal. JM has been submitted only twice in his career, but is primarily a Muay Thai/street fighter and I don’t think his ground game will be up to that of Chiesa. Look for the Maverick to to sink in a tight rear naked choke in the early part of round two.
Knockout of the night
I was torn between Jake Ellenberger and Robbie Lawler in this category. I think both guys will win by spectacular knockout, but Ellenberger will deserve KOTN honors by defeating the highly ranked Rory MacDonald. Lawler has long been known for putting nasty beatdowns on people in the cage, and I think the trend will continue on Saturday against Bobby Voelker. A knockout over Rory Mac for Ellenberger will be huge. I forecast a huge left hook to put Mac D to sleep, leaving the young Canadian flat as a plank.
Honorable mentions go to Liz Carmouche, who I think will pull off a slick sub. Melvin Guillard, who I think will knock the fade off Mac Danzig, and Yves Edwards/Daron Cruickshank who always come to fight.