- Dana White Doesn’t Believe Anderson Silva Is Done Fighting
- UFC 183: Iaquinta vs. Lauzon, Woodley vs. Gastelum Highlights
- Nick Diaz: I Was Injured Before UFC 183, Couldn’t Throw Punches
- Anderson Silva Will ‘Talk Serious’ With His Family About Fighting Future
- Quote: Vitor Belfort Turned Down Interim Title Bout With Lyoto Machida
- UFC 183: Thiago Alves vs. Jordan Mein Highlights
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Highlights
- Poll: Where Does Anderson Silva Go From Here?
- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Official For UFC 189 Main Event In July
- UFC 183 Weigh-Ins Video & Results: Gastelum & Lineker Miss Badly
Post-Fight Discussion: What’s next for Vitor Belfort and Michael Bisping?
Vitor Belfort’s victory over Michael Bisping is not just another highlight reel head kick knockout. It’s a landscape-changing event in the UFC Middleweight division. Bisping was on his sure way to the UFC Middleweight title scrap with Anderson Silva, but Belfort shattered those dreams with a textbook performance inside the Octagon.
So what’s next for The Phenom? Belfort called out Chael Sonnen in his post-fight interview, with sights on another run in the UFC Light Heavyweight division. Sonnen later declared he accepts the Brazilian’s challenge, and will be happy to solve this conflict after the upcoming date with Jon Jones. Belfort could still be a serious threat to Anderson Silva’s reign as a champion, but it seems as the former champion is not interested in another ‘interesting experience’ with “The Spider’. If Belfort makes a permanent move to the UFC Light Heavyweight division, I would like to see him against Glover Teixeira, who will face Rampage Jackson at next weekend’s UFC on FOX 6.
As for Bisping, it’s back to the drawing board. Personally, I would be absolutely stoked to see Michael Bisping vs. Alan Belcher. Those two don’t like each other, and it will be interesting to see whether The Count manages to bounce back against a strong striker in Alan Belcher. Tim Boetsch is also an interesting option, but I think it would be a safe thing to say that we all want to see Bisping vs. Belcher.
So what do you think, LowKick’ers? More than anything, who should be next for Anderson Silva? Hit the keyboard!
Sorry guys. Wasn’t good enough tonight. Fair play to vitor, well done. Thanks to everyone for the kind support, will be back soon.
— michael (@bisping) January 20, 2013
Great kick! What do you guys think about the stoppage?
— Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones) January 20, 2013
Ill be back in summer and that’s when Anderson wanted to fight..coincidence? I think not : )
— Chris Weidman (@ChrisWeidmanUFC) January 20, 2013