- Chris Weidman Injured, UFC 184 Bout With Vitor Belfort Cancelled
- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Official For UFC 189 Main Event In July
- Ray Longo Doesn’t Want To See Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva Again
- UFC 183 Weigh-Ins Video & Results Silva 186 Diaz 185
- UFC 183 LowKick MMA Staff Predictions
- Contradiction! Anderson Silva May Not Get Title Shot If He Beats Nick Diaz
- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 3
- UFC 183 Pre-Fight Staredowns: Anderson Silva & Nick Diaz Face Off
- Is Nick Diaz Fighting Anderson Silva Strictly For The Paycheck?
Who you will be rooting for on TUF 16, Roy Nelson or Shane Carwin?
Less than two months ago, Ultimate Fighting Championship announced Roy Nelson and Shane Carwin as coaches for the 16th installment of The Ultimate Fighter. Since then, the pair exchanged some heated words, with Roy Nelson’s “average guy” gimmick being the center of attention.
Carwin accused Roy Nelson of not taking his job seriously, while Nelson used sarcasm as his weapon of choice on Twitter. Today, Shane Carwin once again criticized Roy Nelson (mmaweekly.com), claiming that he’s the one who should be considered as “the average guy”. According to Carwin, Roy Nelson has never had a normal job in his life:
“I think the other tension is that I am this average guy and I’ve worked my ass off to get to where I’m at, and I started working when I was 15, my mom raised three boys on her own and we were very poor and I grew up working construction and concrete work, and threw boxes at the beef plant, I did everything just to try to survive.
He plays this like he’s this average guy and honestly I don’t think the guy’s ever had a normal job.”
TUF 16 debuts on September 14th at 9PM, and will be aired on Fridays. Both coaches will have a strong secondary coaching staff to help their ambitions. Shane Carwin will use the services of Nate Marquardt for BJJ, Pat Barry and Duane Ludwig for kickboxing, and Trevor Wittman for pure boxing. Roy Nelson will have Nick and Nate Diaz accompanied by Strikeforce 155 champ Gilbert “El Nino” Melendez.
So there you have it, LowKick’ers. Who you will be rooting for this season? Make your vote!