- UFC 183 Main Card Live Results
- Dana White Says John Lineker & Kelvin Gastelum Will Move Up In Weight
- UFC 183 Prelims Live Results
- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 4
- Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson Out Of UFC Fight Night 60 Headliner Against Brandon Thatch
- Updated: Chris Weidman Injured, UFC 184 Bout With Vitor Belfort Cancelled
- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Official For UFC 189 Main Event In July
- UFC 183 Weigh-Ins Video & Results: Gastelum & Lineker Miss Badly
Pat Healy Issues Public Statement Following Positive UFC 159 Drug Test
Pat Healy put the UFC 155lb. division on notice following his destruction of Jim Miller, a long time Lightweight stalwart, at UFC 159. Healy dominated Miller for three rounds before sinking in the RNC for a submission win, that is until he tested positive for Marijuana. The NSAC has now overturned the victory to a No-Contest and Healy is currently serving a mandatory 90-day suspension.
Healy has since issued this public statement via MMAJunkie:
“I would like to start off by apologizing to the UFC, Jim Miller, the MMA community, its fans, my family, teammates and coaches for my positive testing for marijuana after my UFC 159 fight with Jim Miller,” Said Healy. “I was fully aware of the UFC and state commission’s drug policies and made poor life choices. I stand behind the UFC and state commission’s disciplinary actions. I support efforts to make MMA (and sports) a clean, safe and fair place to compete.”
“I made a very poor choice to socially use marijuana and now I must face the consequences of that choice. I can assure you that I will do everything the UFC and state commission asks of me and beyond. I will make a conscious effort to be a better role model within the MMA community.”
The UFC is yet to comment on the situation regarding Healy’s positive drug test, but the question now is whether or not Healy will have to pay back his 130k in FOTN and Submission of The Night bonuses. Arguably it was still Fight of The Night, but a NC can’t be awarded a win bonus, can it?
At the least Healy is being up front about his ‘Mary Jane’ use, so should he be able to keep the bonuses? Or should he be penalized further? The age old argument about whether Marijuana is even a PED looks like it will continue. Stay tuned to Lowkick!