- Joe Rogan Wonders If Brain Damage Aided Jon Jones’ Hit And Run
- Anthony Johnson: I Worked My A** Off To Get Where I Am
- Henderson vs. Boetsch Headlines UFC Fight Night 68 With Bader Off Card
- Malki Kawa Says We May Have Seen The Last Of Jon Jones
- TJ Dillashaw: The UFC Did The Right Thing With Jon Jones
- Thomas Almeida vs. Brad Pickett On For UFC 189 In July
- Daniel Cormier Defends His Record: I Only Lost To The Champion
- Conor McGregor Adds Monster Energy To Growing ‘McGregor Inc.’
- Dana White On UFC Injuries: We’re Going To Start Fixing This
- Melvin Guillard Signs Multi-Fight Deal With Bellator
Ovince St. Preux vs. Rafael Cavalcante Booked For UFC Fight Night 56
Following his setback to Ryan Bader in the main event of UFC Fight Night 47, Ovince St. Preux will look to get back to winning ways in November as he is expected face former Strikeforce light-heavyweight champion Rafael Cavalcante.
The fight booking was revealed last night by Ultimate Fighting Officials. St. Preux vs. Cavalcante is the first official fight to be added on to the UFC card which is expected to be Fight Night 57. The event is scheduled to take place at the Ginasio Municipal Tancredo Neves in Uberlandia, Brazil on November 8.
OSP will make his return to the Octagon after suffering his first loss in the UFC to Bader earlier this month. The bout was fairly close after the first three rounds but “Darth” took the final two to take a unanimous decision.
Prior to that loss the 31-year old was on an impressive five-fight winning streak in the light-heavyweight division. He started by knocking out T.J. Cook in his final bout for Strikeforce, St. Preux then went on to win his first four fights in the UFC which included finishes over Cody Donovan, Nikita Krylov and Ryan Jimmo.
OSP faces a tough test in “Fejiao”who is actually also coming off a decision loss to Bader in June at UFC 174. The former Strikeforce champion is just 1-2 in his UFC career with all three fights ending by way of knockout.
The Brazilian made his Octagon debut in June last year at UFC on Fuel TV 10 where he was KO’d in the first round by Thiago Silva. He came back strong from that defeat to pick up a first round knockout of his own over Igor Pokrajac in November but he finds himself in desperate need of a win following his loss to Bader.
With this being the first booking for UFN Uberlandia there are sure to be more fights added in the following days so stay tuned to LowKick for updates.
So St. Preux vs. Cavalcante, who have you guys got?