- UFC 183: Anderson Silva Open Workout Highlights & Media Scrum
- Lorenzo Fertitta Guarantees CM Punk’s First Opponent Will Be ‘Competitive’
- Ovince St. Preux vs. Patrick Cummins Added To UFC on FOX 15
- Update: Nick Diaz No-Shows UFC 183 Open Workouts, But Is Now In Las Vegas
- Jon Jones vs. Anthony Johnson Targeted For May
One-handed “Notorious” Nick Newell captures XFC Lightweight Title
In a truly inspirational story, one-handed fighter Nick Newell defeated favored competitor Eric Reynolds to capture the vacant XFC Lightweight Championship. XFC 21: Night of Champions took place at Nashville Municipal Auditorium last night in Tennessee. The six-fight main card aired live on AXS TV.
“Notorious” Nick Newell came out on the offensive, firing off hooks with bad intentions before he woke Reynolds up with a high kick. Reynolds fired back with kicks before Newell caught one and landed a big suplex. Newell followed that up with a picture perfect body triangle and immediately began working for his patented rear-naked choke. Reynolds made a valiant effort to claw out of the choke, but Newell was not to be denied, as Reynolds fell back to the canvas still in the choke, and was left with no choice but to tap out. Newell (9-0) remained undefeated and captured his 4th win under the XFC. Reynolds (16-6), a Bellator veteran, had a three-fight win streak snapped with the loss.
Relive the highest point of Nick Newell’s story to date below, brought to life by AXS TV!
For more information, log on to www.officialxfc.com/xfc21