- Dana White Says John Lineker And Kelvin Gastelum Will Be Forced To Move Up In Weight
- UFC 183 Prelims Live Results
- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 4
- Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson Out Of UFC Fight Night 60 Headliner Against Brandon Thatch
- Updated: Chris Weidman Injured, UFC 184 Bout With Vitor Belfort Cancelled
- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Official For UFC 189 Main Event In July
- UFC 183 Weigh-Ins Video & Results: Gastelum & Lineker Miss Badly
One FC Results: Shinya Aoki chokes out Kotetsu Boku to win lightweight title
That’s two chokes involving two titles in two days, can we make it three for three with Invicta 5 happening tonight? We’ll just have to wait and see.
Pulver unfortunately continued his win, lose, win, lose formula with a loss against Masakatsu Ueda who caught the former champion in a slick d’arce choke in the second round, yet again begging the inevitable question, is it time for Pulver to just call it a career?
A favorite going into this fight against Larson, Manhoef was expected to knock his opponent around but instead lost via unanimous decision.
And finally for the first time since joining his new team EVOLVE and focusing specifically on improving his Muay Thai and overall striking, Shinya Aoki looked confident on the feet when necessary but inevitably dragged the fight to the ground and did what he does best, synching in a tight rear naked choke in round two, earning him the One FC Lightweight title in the process.
Aoki was visibly emotional and thanked his new team for help in the victory. Full event results are below, we should have some highlights for you shortly:
Shinya Aoki def. Kotetsu Boku via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:01 Rd 2
Brock Larson def. Melvin Manhoef via unanimous decision
Masakatsu Ueda def. Jens Pulver via submission (d’arce choke) at 3:52 Rd 2
Kevin Belingon def. Thanh Vu
Eddie Ng def. Arnaud Lepont
Leandro Issa def. Yusup Saadulaev via unanimous decision
Alex Silva def. Rene Catalan
Bashir Ahmad Shannon Wiratchai via unanimous decision
Jake Butler def. Swain Cangco via TKO (punches) at 2:52 of round 1
Chen Yun Ting Ronald Low