- UFC 179 Post Fight Press Conference Video
- Joe Rogan’s Ultimate 8 Jose Aldo Moments
- UFC 179 Embedded Episode 4: You Will Die!
- Bellator 130 Results & Highlights: Emanuel Newton Retains Title With Late Finish
- UFC 179 LowKick MMA Staff (+1) Predictions
- Quote: Jose Aldo vs Anthony Pettis Could Still Happen
- Conor McGregor vs Dennis Siver Headlines UFC Fight Night 59
- UFC 179 Weigh-Ins Results: Aldo vs Mendes 2 Official
- UFC 179 Conor McGregor Q&A Video
- UFC 179 Embedded: Episode 3
Nick Diaz Signs New Three-Fight Contract, But No Word On Anderson Silva Fight
Nick Diaz is one of the best welterweights in the UFC. However, he hasn’t fought in the senior circuit since March of last year (2013).
Post his unanimous decision loss to (then) reigning champion George St. Pierre at UFC 158, Diaz has opted to sit on the sidelines for the last 16 months in semi-retirement, declaring that he was unhappy with his current contract.
Sticking to his mantra of wanting more money to fight, Diaz has been unable to secure a new deal with UFC President Dana White, who, for the last year-and-a-half, has been unmoved to renegotiate Diaz’s existing agreement with the promotion.
However, with former middleweight champion Anderson Silva requesting Diaz as his first fight back in the senior circuit since breaking his leg at UFC 168 last December (2013), Diaz’s negotiating leverage surely improved.
Today (July 24, 2014), fans are learning that was the case.
As was announced this evening, the promotion has come to terms with the 30-year-old fighter and subsequently signed the California native to a new three fight deal.
No terms were released, however, by the smirk on Diaz’s face fans can assume that the “Stockton Bad Boy” got paid.
Regarding a fight with Anderson Silva, Dana White posted to his Twitter account that there was “no word” on the bout. Yet, the simple fact that White posted a ‘tweet’ about Silva vs. Diaz is a good indicator that the match is all but a done deal.
As such, fans should expect to see the bout go down sometime in early 2015.
There is no update on Anderson vs Diaz. Anderson can’t fight till Feb. Lorenzo and I have not even talked to Anderson.