- Bellator 126 Results Recap: A New Champ Is Crowned
- UFC 178 Weigh-In Video & Results: Poirier & McGregor Get Heated In Las Vegas
- Vitor Belfort Accuses Chris Weidman Of Stalling
- UFC 178 LowKick MMA Staff Predictions
- Anthony Johnson vs Alexander Gustafsson Was Set For UFC on FOX 13…
- Quote: Gina Carano Harder To Deal With Than Tito Ortiz
MMA H.E.A.T interview with Swedish BJJ coach Lars Wallin
This week has been quite the rollercoaster concerning UFC on Fuel TV 9, and it ultimately resulted in Gegard MoUSAsi facing off against relative unknown Swedish fighter Ilir Latifi. The former Strikeforce Champion MoUSAsi is heading into the bout as a massive four-digit favorite.
Not much is known about Latifi, but MMA H.E.A.T. caught up with Swedish MMA coach and Gracie Jiujitsu black belt Lars Wallin, who has some inside info on why MoUSAsi should indeed be worried. He focuses on the strength and takedown prowess of Latifi, but notes he could improve in the submission game.
MoUSAsi himself has some good submissions, but if he’s had any weakness, it’s been takedown defense. Latifi might be able to take him down and hold him down.
Wallin expresses his wish that the UFC would have put one more big fight on this weekend’s card, as putting all of their faith in the Gustafsson bout ended up costing the Swedish fans in a big way. Can Latifi make the main event a fight worth watching?