- Who Will Be UFC Bantamweight Champion At The End Of 2015?
- UFC 181 Extended Video Preview
- Poll: Has Robbie Lawler Improved Enough To Beat Johny Hendricks?
- Nick Diaz Says He Would Have Failed Drug Test After GSP Fight
- UFC Fight Night 57 Super Slo-Mo Highlights
- Matt Brown: What The F–k Has Conor Done Compared To Frankie?
- “Rumble” Thinks Alexander Gustafsson Is As Dangerous As Jon Jones
- Vitor Belfort Says He’s Actually Better Without TRT
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
MMA H.E.A.T interview with Swedish BJJ coach Lars Wallin
This week has been quite the rollercoaster concerning UFC on Fuel TV 9, and it ultimately resulted in Gegard MoUSAsi facing off against relative unknown Swedish fighter Ilir Latifi. The former Strikeforce Champion MoUSAsi is heading into the bout as a massive four-digit favorite.
Not much is known about Latifi, but MMA H.E.A.T. caught up with Swedish MMA coach and Gracie Jiujitsu black belt Lars Wallin, who has some inside info on why MoUSAsi should indeed be worried. He focuses on the strength and takedown prowess of Latifi, but notes he could improve in the submission game.
MoUSAsi himself has some good submissions, but if he’s had any weakness, it’s been takedown defense. Latifi might be able to take him down and hold him down.
Wallin expresses his wish that the UFC would have put one more big fight on this weekend’s card, as putting all of their faith in the Gustafsson bout ended up costing the Swedish fans in a big way. Can Latifi make the main event a fight worth watching?