- Ronda Rousey Hints She May Join ‘The Rock’ At Next Year’s Wrestlemania
- Dennis Bermudez Battles Jeremy Stephens At UFC 189
- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
- Benson Henderson & Michael Johnson Verbally Agree To Fight
- UFC 185 Drug Tests Come Back Negative
- Alexander Gustafsson Faces Glover Teixeira At UFC Fight Night 69 In Berlin
- Jose Aldo Says There Was ‘No Slap,’ Find Out For Yourself
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
MMA Fighter shot and killed by FBI during questioning over Boston Marathon bombing
Tamerlan Tsarnaev was the original suspect of the Boston Marathon bombings, after fleeing the scene of the incident, he took shelter in boat in a backyard of a residential home where they were able to find him via the infrared sensors on a helicopter. Once discovered Sarnaev was ultimately shot and killed.
What’s interesting is that he happened to have a fellow Russian friend who has also recently been of interest to state officials who was also an actively training and competing Mixed Martial Artist around the circuit in central Florida.
According to the Los Angeles Times, Ibragim Todashev who was considered a friend of the accused bomber, was being questioned by an FBI special agent early Wednesday morning regarding the Boston Marathon bombings that happend on April 15th. The questioning eventually turned violent leaving the agent injured but the suspect dead after being shot and killed in the violent exchange.
Federal law enforcement sources say the man was being questioned by the FBI agent along with two Massachusetts State Police troopers and other law enforcement officials, when a violent confrontation was initiated by the individual.
“During the confrontation, the individual was killed and the agent sustained non-life-threatening injuries.”
There don’t seem to be any clear cut answers as to whether Todashev had any siginificant links to the bombings or the Tsarnaevs, but ironically he also happened to be from Chechnya as the Tsarnaevs were and according to police , he apparently informed acquaintances that he had spoken to Tsarnaev over the phone shortly before the bombing took place.
Todashev also has a recent history of violent activity as he was arrested and charged on May 4th for aggravated battery causing great bodily harm, according to the Orlando Sentinel.