- Igor Pokrajac And Five Others Cut From The UFC
- Julianna Pena Returns Against Milana Dudieva At UFC Fight Night 63
- UFC 183: Up Close & Personal – Anderson Silva
- Rashad Evans Predicts Anthony Johnson Will Knock Out Jon Jones
- Cris Cyborg Return Set For Same Weekend & City As Ronda Rousey
- Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor Postponed Until Mid-Summer
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz Fight Breakdown
- Akira Corassani Announces Retirement From MMA
- Did A Head Butt Cause Alexander Gustafsson To Lose In Sweden?
- Daniel Cormier Wants To Fight Alexander Gustafsson In Louisiana
Mirko Cro Cop vs. Sergei Kharitonov Verbally Agreed For Glory 17 In Los Angeles
It looks like two MMA legends are set to collide at Glory 17, as Mirko Cro Cop Filipovich and Sergei Kharitonov have verbally agreed to fight at the Los Angeles based event. Kharitonov, who still competes in MMA, has a 3-2 record for Glory and a 5-4 overall kickboxing record. Currently 21-5 in mixed martial arts, ‘The Russian Mercinary’ holds notable wins over Andrei Arlovski, Tatsuya Mizuno, Alistair Overeem, Pedro Rizzo, Murilo Rua and Fabricio Werdum.
Cro Cop is certainly the more experienced kickboxer, having amassed a 22-8 record during his 18 year career. As a mixed martial artist, Mirko’s best years were in Pride, where he become the 2006 open-weight Grand Prix champion with a win over Josh Barnett at Pride: Final Absolute. Last seen getting submitted by Oleksiy Oliynik at Legend Fight Show 2, Cro Cop seems to have completely turned his focus to kickboxing now.
Kharitonov steps in for Pat Barry, who pulled out likely due to his recent KO loss. The card, set to go down on 06/21, also features some other household names from MMA and kickboxing, including former WEC bantamweight champion Miguel Torres. Check out how the Inglewood, LA based card is shaping up so far:
Heavyweight championship Daniel Ghita vs. Rico Verhoeven
Welterweight championship Marc de Bonte vs. Joseph Villante
Mirko Filipovich vs. Sergei Kharitonov
Andy Ristie vs. Ky Hollenbeck
Shane Oblonsky vs. Miguel Torres
Gabriel Varga vs Yodkhunpon Sitmonchai