- Igor Pokrajac And Five Others Cut From The UFC
- Julianna Pena Returns Against Milana Dudieva At UFC Fight Night 63
- UFC 183: Up Close & Personal – Anderson Silva
- Rashad Evans Predicts Anthony Johnson Will Knock Out Jon Jones
- Cris Cyborg Return Set For Same Weekend & City As Ronda Rousey
- Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor Postponed Until Mid-Summer
Mirko Cro Cop makes successful MMA return with first round submission
Mirko Cro Cop has successfully made his return to the MMA arena. Facing Shinichi Suzukawa at the New Year’s Eve Inoki Boom Ba Ye, Cro Cop showed no ring rust at all following his retirement a little over a year ago.
The fight was destined to last only a very short time, as Cro Cop not surprisingly came out aggressive with his trademark standup, but then decided to pull a new trick out of the bag. Taking Suzukawa down with surprising ease, Cro Cop then finished off his pro wrestler opponent with an armbar submission.
A successful return for the famed former Pride Heavyweight Grand Prix winner, who came to the UFC all the way back in 2007 riding an unprecedented amount of hype. That hype was never realized, as Gabriel Gonzaga seemed to take the wind out of Cro Cop’s sails with his own move, the vicious headkick.
He finished with a very subpar record of 4 wins and 6 losses in the Octagon, a far cry from his almost indestructible image in Japan. Now he is back fighting in the country where he gained his fame. It may not be Pride, but Mirko Filipovic has made a victorious return.