- Video: Watch Conor McGregor Steal Jose Aldo’s Belt In Dublin
- UFC 189 World Tour Press Conference Live From Dublin
- Ronda Rousey Hints She May Join ‘The Rock’ At Next Year’s Wrestlemania
- Dennis Bermudez Battles Jeremy Stephens At UFC 189
- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
- Benson Henderson & Michael Johnson Verbally Agree To Fight
- UFC 185 Drug Tests Come Back Negative
- Alexander Gustafsson Faces Glover Teixeira At UFC Fight Night 69 In Berlin
- Jose Aldo Says There Was ‘No Slap,’ Find Out For Yourself
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
Mirko Cro Cop makes successful MMA return with first round submission
Mirko Cro Cop has successfully made his return to the MMA arena. Facing Shinichi Suzukawa at the New Year’s Eve Inoki Boom Ba Ye, Cro Cop showed no ring rust at all following his retirement a little over a year ago.
The fight was destined to last only a very short time, as Cro Cop not surprisingly came out aggressive with his trademark standup, but then decided to pull a new trick out of the bag. Taking Suzukawa down with surprising ease, Cro Cop then finished off his pro wrestler opponent with an armbar submission.
A successful return for the famed former Pride Heavyweight Grand Prix winner, who came to the UFC all the way back in 2007 riding an unprecedented amount of hype. That hype was never realized, as Gabriel Gonzaga seemed to take the wind out of Cro Cop’s sails with his own move, the vicious headkick.
He finished with a very subpar record of 4 wins and 6 losses in the Octagon, a far cry from his almost indestructible image in Japan. Now he is back fighting in the country where he gained his fame. It may not be Pride, but Mirko Filipovic has made a victorious return.