- CM Punk Targeting Late 2015 UFC Debut
- Rashad Evans vs. Glover Teixeira Reportedly Agreed Upon For UFC Fight Night 60 In Brazil
- UFC Fight Night 58: Lyoto Machida vs CB Dollaway Breakdown
- Michael Bisping Disagrees With “Butthurt” Fighters Behind UFC Lawsuit
- Jon Jones ‘Offended’ The UFC Showed Death Threat Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Looking To Rid MMA Of Jon Jones
- Rory MacDonald Informed He Won’t Fight For Title, Will Just ‘Light Up’ Whoever’s Next
Frank Mir: The most impressive moment in Daniel Cormier’s fight with Dion Staring was the call-out
Former two-time UFC Heavyweight champion, Frank Mir, continued his line of defense against Daniel Cormier’s call-outs, this time claiming he was not impressed with DC’s performance against Dion Staring.
Cormier continued his unbeaten run with a dominant display against Staring, finishing the Dutchman early in Round 2. In his post-fight interview, Strikeforce Heavyweight tournament winner called out Frank Mir for a fight that was originally scheduled to take place in November, 2012. Mir was forced to pull out of the bout after injuring his knee in training.
Today, Mir criticized Cormier for not being devastating against Dion Staring, claiming that the most impressive moment in this encounter was the post-fight interview:
“He can go out there like his last fight and fight somebody that’s subpar,” Mir on Monday told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). “The only problem is that you have to go out there and really be devastating to get any kind of positive criticism.
He’s in a situation right now where I don’t think many people were even moved by his fight,” Mir said. “I think the most impressive thing he did in the whole fight was calling me out.”
It seems as there will be a good portion of trash-talk between those two heavyweight bulldozers, especially with Frank Mir making a good use of his legendary rhetorical skills.
Mir is 16-6 in his MMA career, while Daniel Cormier is still undefeated at 11-0.
Stay tuned to LowKickMMA.com.