- Burt Watson Denies Resignation Had Anything To Do With Rousey, White & Munoz
- Ronda Rousey: Me Fighting Men Is Not A Reality
- Chris Weidman: “It Just Sucks” That Anderson Silva Took Steroids
- Invicta FC 11: “Cyborg” Pockets 15 x Tweet’s Salary
- Anthony Johnson Doubts Jon Jones Will Train Year-Round
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
Michael Johnson Would Love A Fight With Nate Diaz
UFC Lightweight Michael Johnson is looking like a new fighter, most recently planking Gleison Tibau at UFC 168 and improving to 14-8 overall. ‘Menace’ lost a disappointing decision to Jonathan Brookins at TUF 12 Finals and went 3-3 in the UFC after he was signed. Recent wins over Joe Lauzon and Tibau have put the Missouri native right back on track at 155.
So what’s next for the former XFC/MFL Lightweight champ? Well, Johnson took to twitter recently to campaign for his next opponent:
— Michael Johnson (@FollowTheMenace) January 2, 2014
Now there’s an interesting bout. Diaz most recently ended his two fight skid with a nasty first round TKO over Gray Maynard at The Ultimate Fighter 18 finals. Having just experienced his first TKO loss, a beating at the hands of Josh Thomson, Diaz also looked renewed as he dispatched ‘The Bully’.
This fight seems to make sense on paper and Diaz is yet to call out an opponent that could be taken seriously. It’s definitely too early to say that either of these Lightweights is in the title picture, but a fight between them would certainly separate the men from the boys. If you ask me, this would be a great fight to watch. I’d be very intrigued to see how Diaz deals with Johnson’s speed and power.
The 27 year old Blackzillian product is a serious threat at 155, but in Diaz he faces a 28 fight veteran with a passion for finishing fights. Is ‘The Menace’ biting off more than he can chew this time?