- Quote: Vitor Belfort Turned Down Interim Title Bout With Lyoto Machida
- UFC 183: Thiago Alves vs. Jordan Mein Highlights
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Highlights
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Bonuses: Thiago Alves Pockets $50,000
- Poll: Where Does Anderson Silva Go From Here?
- Benson Henderson To Make Welterweight Debut, Faces Brandon Thatch At UFC Fight Night 60
- UFC 183: Miesha Tate vs. Sara McMann Highlights And Post-Fight Interview
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 183 Main Card Live Results: Anderson Silva Outclasses Nick Diaz
- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Official For UFC 189 Main Event In July
Michael Bisping vs. Cung Le, Hector Lombard vs. ‘Stun Gun’ Set For UFC Macau In August
Having gone down in disappointing defeat to Tim Kennedy at last April’s the Ultimate Fighter Nations: Canada vs. Australia Finale, UFC middleweight Michael Bisping has been anxious to get back into the ring and prove to fans that he’s still a force to be contended with in the 185 pound weight class.
In way of a closing note at this evening’s (May 24) UFC 173 post-fight press conference in Las Vegas, promotion’s head Dana White stated that Bisping would be back in the Octagon on a four month turnaround, and facing the legendary Cung Le this coming August 23 in Macau, China.
Bisping is currently ranked No. 8 in the middleweight division, 2 – 3 in his last five, and endeavouring to demonstrate that his points driven style can still carry muster within an increasingly competitive division.
Cung le, on the other hand, is apt to be looking to close the book on his storied career. At age 42, 9 – 2 in the sport and marginal title opportunities still available to him, the Macau bout could well stand as Le’s ‘swan song’ bout as a professional fighter. Concordantly, it’s a match that his fans will not want to miss.
As to other parting news, White stated that an assignment between Hector Lombard and Dong Hyun Kim had also been slated for the same Macau date.
Currently ranked No. 7 in the welterweight division, Lombard is a fighter on the rise within the 170 pound weight class. For his part, Dong Hyun Kim clocks in at No. 9 in the division’s sort, and with a four fight winning streak to his back, is a fighter that requires serious consideration as to how far he might go. In view of the cast, their bout will either solidify Lombard’s status as a title contender or move Kim onto the 170 pound title stage.