- UFC 179 Embedded Episode 4: You Will Die!
- Bellator 130 Results & Highlights: Emanuel Newton Retains Title With Late Finish
- Cung Le Wants Apology For Bungled UFC Drug Test
- UFC 179 LowKick MMA Staff (+1) Predictions
- Quote: Jose Aldo vs Anthony Pettis Could Still Happen
- Conor McGregor vs Dennis Siver Headlines UFC Fight Night 59
- UFC 179 Weigh-Ins Results: Aldo vs Mendes 2 Official
- Jacare Souza & Yoel Romero (Kinda) Agree To Fight In 2015
- UFC 179 Conor McGregor Q&A Video
- UFC 179 Embedded: Episode 3
Michael Bisping Is Seeking Redemption Against Alan Belcher
With UFC 159 almost upon us and the trash talk starting to build to a haed, who else would you expect to pipe up but Michael Bisping. “The Count” will square off against Alan Belcher in a fight where both guys will be looking to bounce back from losses.
Bisping was on hand to talk to MMA Weekly and give his take on the bout:
“A win over me for Alan Belcher will be by far the biggest win of his pathetic career. Hey bro, I ain’t going to lose to you, man. It’s in the bag. All I got to do is – it’s a formality. I just got to show up, slap your little face, take my check and go home.”
As skilled as Bisping is, I think that he will have one hell of a fight on his hands against Belcher. The Arkansas native was on a four fight win streak, culminating in a brutal knockout of Rousimar ‘Paul Harris’ palhares in May 2012, before dropping a decision to Yushin Okami at UFC 155.
“Well, obviously it draws me back in the win column. It eradicates my last loss. You’re only as good as your last fight and my last fight was a loss. And I don’t take that too well. I want to win fights. I’m a natural competitor. A win over Alan Belcher puts me back in the win column. As I say, I get redemption for my last fight. It’s a win over a Top 10 opponent.”
Bisping will look to rebound from his KO loss at the feet and hands of Vitor Belfort, who made quick work of Bisping at UFC on FX in January. Bisping is renowned for his high work rate and endless gas tank, so Belcher will have to look for the KO or try to submit Bisping or he could be in for a long night.
Who will be victorious on Saturday? Will Bisping put his money where his mouth is or will Belcher make the Brit eat his words? Stay tuned to Lowkick!