- New Mexico Hit-And-Run Victim Speaks, Pic Of Smashed Car Released
- Anthony Johnson: ‘I’ll Wait A Year Like Vitor If I Have To’
- Jon Jones Turns Himself Into Police Custody, Makes $2,500 Bail
- Albuquerque Police Issue Felony Warrant For Jon Jones
- Poll: How Should The UFC Punish Jon Jones?
- Read The Official Police Report From Jon Jones’ Hit-And-Run
- Tim Kennedy: ‘Karate Is Dead, Rockhold Destroyed Machida Effortlessly’
- Jon Jones Update: Police Found Marijuana, Pipe After ‘Bones’ Fled Scene
- Rafael Dos Anjos Wants Fight With ‘Disrespectful’ Conor McGregor
- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
Michael Bisping disappointed by Vitor Belfort’s TRT use, releases official statement
Earlier today, UFC Middleweight Michael Bisping released an official statement via his personal website, Bisping.tv, to address the finding that Vitor Belfort was granted a therapeutic use exemption for TRT prior to UFC on FX 7. Of course, Belfort won the bout in the second round with an emphatic headkick, knocking Bisping out and dashing any current hopes of a title shot at Anderson Silva‘s long-held belt. Bisping had the following to say on the subject:
“As I said right after the fight, I lost because I made a mistake and Vitor took advantage of it. It sucks. I don’t like it, but that was the result. I lost. Bottom line.
Over the past couple years, and even right before the fight, I have made my views on TRT very, very clear.
I don’t feel that I need to go into depth about it again right now. All I have to add, about this specific instance, is that it is very disappointing that someone who was caught cheating with testosterone in the past, now gets to use testosterone legally. A well known side effect of steroids is that it reduces testosterone, so I don’t understand how it would make sense to then grant someone an exemption to then increase testosterone.
All that being said, I am not here to make excuses or cry over spilled milk. I fight in the best organization in the world, The UFC, and am very excited to work and earn a title fight, the right way. That process starts by whooping Alan Belcher‘s ass at UFC 159 on Saturday, April 27th, live on PPV.
Thanks everyone for their support – can’t wait to spend some time with British UFC fans in London next week and I will be back, better than ever.”
Bisping has been an effective and long standing fighter for the UFC, his career only derailed at certain points by losses in pivotal bouts. It may be interesting to point out that three of these important losses were to fighters granted exemptions to use TRT in Chael Sonnen, Vitor Belfort, and Dan Henderson. It would seem that TRT is becoming quite the thorn in Bisping’s side. However, he appears to be focused on the task at hand, which is his next fight against Alan Belcher this April. What is your take on the issue?