- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
Michael Bisping vs. Vitor Belfort official for main event of the next UFC Brazil
Amidst many rumors surrounding Vitor Belfort‘s next bout, it appears that one has been officially confirmed. It was reported earlier that Forrest Griffin turned down a fight with ‘The Phenom,’ but the Brazilian brawler will face outspoken Brit Mchael Bisping at an as-yet-to-be-named location in Brazil on January 19th. The announcement comes as a confirmation of earlier rumors, which were downplayed by Belfort and others.
Both fighters come into the bout on the back of fairly impressive resumes. The only knock on the two may be that they lose to truly top-level competition when faced with the challenge. This is evident by Belfort’s loss to Anderson Silva and Bisping’s to an Henderson. Bisping comes in off of one of his highest-quality wins after defeating Brian Stann at UFC 152. Belfort also fought there, facing Light Heavyweight champion Jon Jones and losing by submission. However, Belfort’s stock has probably not dropped off too much, thanks to his near-finish of Jones.
The fight joins other confirmed bouts including Ben Rothwell versus Gabriel Gonzaga and C.B. Dolloway and Daniel Sarafian. Brazilians UFC events have been delivering in a big way as of late, appearing lackluster only when they are ravaged by inuries (as many cards obviously have this year). Stay tuned to Lowkick.com for more on the January event as it develops.