- Jon Jones Unveils His Light Heavyweight Top Five
- Dan Henderson Stoppage Reportedly Saved His Vision At UFC on FOX 14
- UFC 183 Video Roundup, Start Times & TV Schedule
- Countdown To UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz
- UFC on FOX 14 Overnight Numbers Show Biggest FOX Ratings In Two Years
- Five Light Heavyweight Bouts To Make After UFC on FOX 14
- Biggest Winners & Losers From UFC On FOX 14
- Rumble To Jones: Keep Your Hands Up Or It’s Lights Out
- Poll: Will Anthony Johnson Become The Next Light Heavyweight Champ?
- Jon Jones Reacts To Anthony Johnson’s Win Over Alexander Gustafsson
Mayhem Denies Racism, Dana Wants To Give Uriah Hall A Bonus
Jason Mayhem Miller was once again in the headlines this week, and this time the scuffle with Uriah Hall was the story. Miller was seen to shout racial slurs at Hall, before getting in his face and taking a shot from Hall for his troubles.
The incident raised obvious concerns for Miller’s mental state, but also there is the chance that he could just be a total racist psychopath. Miller has taken to his Twitter in the time since, to dispel the mass opinion that he is a red neck, pillow case wearing type of guy:
OH YA, I’M A RACIST. LMMFAO
— ????IW W?H?∀W (@mayhemmiller) October 26, 2013
I have no hate for anyone based on race, and idgaf what u think anyway.
— ????IW W?H?∀W (@mayhemmiller) October 28, 2013
As much as having a scuffle in a bar, or even just exchanging words is not an infrequent occurrence; some of the things that Miller said were wrong. Whether you agree that he is a racist or not, he shouldn’t have said what he said in the company that was present.
Hall, in my opinion, was well within his rights to be angry. Maybe he should have thought twice about throwing a punch, but he was offended by a drunken jackass and these things happen. It appears there will be no backlash from his boss Dana White over the scrap, as White pointed out over Twitter:
@dylanwardenn fuck no!!! I’m gonna give him a bonus!!!
White siding with the former favorite of TUF 17 there, and this situation has ironically landed Hall back in (kinda) White’s good books. A convincing win at UFC 168 against Chris Leben might see Hall begin to fulfil his potential.
After disappointing performances against John Howard and Kelvin Gastelum, followed by the bizarre incident with Mayhem; it has certainly been a surreal year for Hall. Facing a do-or-die scrap against Zombie Slugger Leben in December, U Hall could easily turn it in to the best year of his life.