- UFC 183: Up Close & Personal – Anderson Silva
- Rashad Evans Predicts Anthony Johnson Will Knock Out Jon Jones
- Cris Cyborg Return Set For Same Weekend & City As Ronda Rousey
- Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor Postponed Until Mid-Summer
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz Fight Breakdown
- Akira Corassani Announces Retirement From MMA
- Did A Head Butt Cause Alexander Gustafsson To Lose In Sweden?
- Daniel Cormier Wants To Fight Alexander Gustafsson In Louisiana
- Jon Jones Unveils His Light Heavyweight Top Five
- Dan Henderson Stoppage Reportedly Saved His Vision At UFC on FOX 14
Matt Mitrione Suspended No Longer; Will Face Brendan Schaub at UFC on Fox 8
It appears that Matt Mitrione’s suspension for violating the UFC Code of Conduct with his comments about transgender fighter Fallon Fox has been quite short-lived. The outspoken heavyweight has been signed on to fight fellow TUF alum Brendan Schaub at July’s UFC on Fox 8, adding to a growing roster of bouts.
Mitrione was of course put under fire not too long ago when he called Fox a “sociopathic freak,” prompting a backlash from the UFC resulting in ‘Meathead’s’ suspension. Apparently he’s done his time and will return to the Octagon this summer.
He was last seen dismantling Phil DeFries in a one-sided knockout performance at UFC Sweden. Prior to that, Mitrione was on the wrong end of a Roy Nelson KO at the TUF 16 Finale last December. His opponent Schaub had also been riding quite the cold streak before he rebounded with a play-it-safe decision win over Lavar Johnson at UFC 157 in February, most likely with his job on the line.
The bout joins the announcement of Miesha Tate vs. Liz Carmouche and Demetrious Johnson vs. John Moraga for the UFC Flyweight title. Seattle’s next hosting of a UFC event could have some fireworks this July, what are your thoughts on how the card is shaping up?