- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
Matt Brown Is A Scratch For UFC on FOX 9
Matt Brown will not be making it to UFC on FOX 9.
The bad news was delivered today by Brown himself, via his Twitter account.
According to “The Immortal”, he has two herniated discs in his lower back and as such, will be a scratch for next Saturday’s card and fight, with welterweight contender Carlos Condit.
This comes as grievous news to all UFC fans, and particularly fans of the pair, as their match was highly anticipated and was to have significant impact upon the 170 pound division, and more particularly, the title mix.
With Brown out, rumors are swirling that Condit is to be moved to the UFC 170 card, which is set for February 22nd, in Las Vegas. As it stands, 170 will feature Rashad Evans taking on Daniel Cormier, in Cormier’s debut performance at light-heavyweight, as well as a match between Rory MacDonald and Demian Maia.
As to who Condit might draw as an opponent, odds would have to be good that it’ll be Robbie Lawler. If so, Lawler would be a suitable replacement for the injured Brown and a match between the two would carry great significance within the division. In a nutshell, Condit / Lawler should be as good as Condit / Brown, and with much the same divisional rankings.
In terms of Matt and his back, his fans are sure to wish him a speedy recovery and all the best to himself and his family. His fans look forward to seeing the Immortal back in the Octagon, soon.
Matt’s Tweet is as follows:
Thanks for the support guys. I regret to inform all that I am out of the fight with Condit. I herniated 2 discs in my lower back this week.
— Matthew Brown (@IamTheImmortal) December 7, 2013
Outer Photo: Kyle Terada for USA TODAY Sports