- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
- Benson Henderson & Michael Johnson Verbally Agree To Fight
- UFC 185 Drug Tests Come Back Negative
- Alexander Gustafsson Faces Glover Teixeira At UFC Fight Night 69 In Berlin
- Jose Aldo Says There Was ‘No Slap,’ Find Out For Yourself
- Ronda Rousey Joins ‘The Rock’ At WrestleMania To Throw ‘Triple H,’ Dana White Approves
- Anthony Pettis Has No Timetable For Return, Wants To Fight Nate Diaz
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
Matt Riddle and Francisco Rivera failed UFC 149 drug tests
UFC Octagon veteran Matt “Deep Waters” Riddle and Francisco Rivera failed UFC 149 drug tests, and will receive a 90-day suspension from Calgary Combative Sports Commission.
Both fighters won their fights at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Riddle submitted Chris Clements, while Rivera KO’d Roland Delorme early in Round 1.
As for Cisco Rivera, bantamweight contender received 90-day cooldown for “undisclosed over-the-counter stimulant” found in his post-fight sample.
UFC 149 took place on July 21st, headlined by the Interim UFC Bantamweight title scrap between Urijah Faber and Renan Barao. The suspension is applied retroactively, which means that both Matt Riddle and Francisco Rivera are eligble to fight at any upcoming UFC event.
So what do you think, LowKick’ers? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.