- UFC on FOX 14 Overnight Numbers Show Biggest FOX Ratings In Two Years
- Five Light Heavyweight Bouts To Make After UFC on FOX 14
- Biggest Winners & Losers From UFC On FOX 14
- Rumble To Jones: Keep Your Hands Up Or It’s Lights Out
- Poll: Will Anthony Johnson Become The Next Light Heavyweight Champ?
- Jon Jones Reacts To Anthony Johnson’s Win Over Alexander Gustafsson
- UFC on FOX 14: Anthony Johnson vs. Alexander Gustafsson Highlights
Martin Kampmann: Nick Diaz still has a ton of hype, I’d love to beat his ass
Recently UFC Welterweight Martin Kampmann has been out of the news after enjoying a short run as contender of the month. Following his alarming knockout of Jake Ellenberger last June, he was put into a tough bout with new title contender Johny Hendricks. The results, as we all know, were not in his favor as he was knocked out in a mere 46 seconds.
Now, he is back , at least in audio form, appearing on today’s edition of BJPenn.com Radio, and he’s looking to fight a man who’s been the center of attention in MMA as of late. ‘The Hitman’ came out with some choice words for Nick Diaz:
“I’d be happy to fight him,” said Kampmann. “He’s still got a ton of hype behind him, and he’s ranked in the top-10, so that would be a good win for me, and I’d love to beat his ass.”
“More than anything, I’d like to fight a top-10 opponent, so guys like Diaz, Saffiedine, but also Condit could be a possibility. We fought before and had a great match, and it would be fun to do it again.”
So Kampmann has a list of top-level contenders in his sights, and he very well may get a bout with one of them. It would be very hard to deny that a fight pitting Kampmann versus Nick Diaz or Carlos Condit would be an exciting co-main event for an upcoming card.
But can he back up his strong words of beating Nick Diaz? Perhaps Nick Diaz cannot deal with great wrestlers, but that’s never been the focus of Kampmann’s game. We can probably rest assured that it would be quite the back-and-forth striking war. Who would come out on top in this enticing tilt? Let me know what you think below.