- Just How Far Will Edson Barboza Go?
- Cub Swanson Thanks Frankie Edgar For Teaching Him A Lesson
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
- Frankie Edgar Says He Should Be Next For Jose Aldo
- UFC Fight Night 57: Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 57: Edson Barboza vs. Bobby Green Highlights
Mark Munoz: I Have The Ability And Punching Power To Beat Tim Boetsch
Mark Munoz will look to bounce back from his KO loss to Chris Weidman, when he steps in to the cage against Tim Boetsch at UFC 162. It’s been a hell of a year for Munoz since he fought Weidman, battling through injuries and weight problems in the time since. He has not been given an easy return fight by any means, Boetsch is a monster.
Both Boetsch and Weidman are looking to bounce back from losses, as Boetsch was dispatched by Costa Phillipou at UFC 155 in December of 2012. Munoz has openly admitted that he wasn’t 100% going in to the fight with Weidman, and Boetsch will be a good test to see if he can come back strong.
After gaining 70lbs. during his year long lay off, Munoz has managed to get himself back to fighting fitness. Recent photos of the Filipino Wrecking Machine seem to indicate that he may be in the greatest shape of his life. Neither fighter has ever experienced back to back losses as a pro, so it will certainly be a telling fight assuming it isn’t a draw.
I personally think this fight has the makings to be one of the best at UFC 162, even with Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman as the main event. Check out this Mark Munoz interview, courtesy of MMAinterviews.tv, featuring some cool training footage.