- Dana White Not Optimistic About GSP Return: He Hasn’t Been Hungry For A Long Time
- Surprise! Aldo & McGregor Hurl PED Accusations At One Another
- CABMMA Changes Drew Dober Loss To No Contest
- Henry Cejudo Added To June’s UFC 188 From Mexico, Chico Camus Rumored Opponent
- UFC 189 World Tour Heats Up In Boston: Dana White Forced To Intervene
- Nick Diaz Hires Professionals To Investigate UFC 183 Drug Test
Mark Hunt vs. Bigfoot Silva Will Headline UFN 33 In Brisbane
Fan favorite Mark Hunt is going to return to action, as UFC officials confirm that he will face Antonio ‘Bigfoot’ Silva at UFN 33. The event, set to take place in Brisbane Australia, will be headlined by the Heavyweight clash between Hunt and Bigfoot.
UFC Australia confirmed the bout via Twitter:
UFC FIGHT NIGHT: HUNT VS BIGFOOT! DECEMBER 7 IN BRISBANE pic.twitter.com/ORv4FvmPyl
— UFC Australia (@UFC_Australia) September 9, 2013
Hunt has been out of action since UFC 160, where he suffered a brutal heel kick KO loss at the hands and feet of Junior Dos Santos. Hunt was on a four-fight win streak before 160 and was rapidly becoming a potential title contender.
Bigfoot last competed also at UFC 160, suffering a repeat of history when Velasquez dropped him in one round. Prior to that night, Silva had scored upset knockout victories over Travis Browne and Alistair Overeem and had made a big foot print on the HW division.
Hunt will once again be at a disadvantage in the height and reach department, but Stefan Struve’s jaw will tell you that reach isn’t everything. I actually give Hunt the advantage in this scrap due to his incredibly durable chin.
Four of Bigfoot’s five losses have come by some form of knockout, something that will play massively in the favor of the heavy-handed Samoan. UFN 33 will go down on December 7th, just three weeks before Silva vs. Weidman II at UFC 168, and will help round out a year of quality UFC/MMA events.