- Daniel Cormier Wants To Fight Alexander Gustafsson In Louisiana
- Jon Jones Unveils His Light Heavyweight Top Five
- Dan Henderson Stoppage Reportedly Saved His Vision At UFC on FOX 14
- UFC 183 Video Roundup, Start Times & TV Schedule
- Countdown To UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz
- UFC on FOX 14 Overnight Numbers Show Biggest FOX Ratings In Two Years
- Five Light Heavyweight Bouts To Make After UFC on FOX 14
- Biggest Winners & Losers From UFC On FOX 14
- Rumble To Jones: Keep Your Hands Up Or It’s Lights Out
- Poll: Will Anthony Johnson Become The Next Light Heavyweight Champ?
Mark Hunt Posts Photos Of Broken Hand, Dana White Gives Props
UFC heavyweights Mark Hunt and Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva put on one of the best back-and-forth bouts in MMA history at Friday’s UFC Fight Night 33 from Brisbane. Australia.
The fight saw both fighters land an insane amount of power punches and keep fighting on. Not surprisingly, Hunt earned a trip to the hospital for his efforts. All told 8 fighters from the card were taken in for examinations.
But Hunt suffered at least one bad injury when he broke his hand in two places. Hunt put up pictures of the X-rays of his hand on his Facebook page for all to see:
UFC President Dana White tweeted his respect for “The Super Samoan:”
Hunt vs. “Bigfoot” ended in a rousing draw that should have neither fighter drop to much in standing. The classic was an incredible display of heart, determination, and overall toughness.
Hunt’s broken hand may have been the reason he threw so many elbows. They were effective and opened “Bigfoot” up. But the doctors stopped the fight to check Silva’s cut, giving him some much-needed time to recover in the fifth round.
It seemed that Hunt had Silva on the ropes and was nearing the finish, but that doesn’t really matter anymore. Hunt has been through a litany of tough injuries this year; let’s hope he returns quickly in order to put on another war in the Octagon.