- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
- Andrei Arlovski Would Love A Rematch With Fedor Emeliananko
- Anthony Pettis Believes He Can Take Over As UFC’s Top Star
- Hostilities Rise Between Cyborg and Ronda Rousey Camp
- Anderson Silva Surprised By Drug Test Drama, Talks Rematch With Nick Diaz
- Fedor Emelianenko Reveals That Russian Fighters Won’t Take His Advice
- Kelvin Gastelum, Efrain Escudero Named TUF: Latin America 2 Coaches
- UFC 193 Official In Melbourne
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
Mark Hunt Faces Return To Hospital After Unsuccessful Surgery
It appears that UFC fan favorite Mark “The Super Samoan” Hunt’s MMA career is in jeopardy, at least temporarily, due to complications surrounding the gruesome hematoma on his leg that lead to a staph infection.
Hunt had surgery on the leg following his UFC 160 loss to Junior dos Santos, but apparently the skin graft did not take, so Hunt may be headed back to the hospital for more surgery. He detailed the following on his Facebook page:
well troops jus wanted u guys to know the skin graph didnt survive,and i think i will be back in hospital next week,its a bummer really cause the hill song confrence is starting next tuesday i hope i dont have to go hospital,but we will see i see plastic surgeon tuesday.didnt realise how bad this is man.anyways troops will keep u guys informed roger roger over and out lol.
Sounds like quite the unfortunate situation for Hunt, who has a massive following of fans that propelled him into a spot in the JDS bout after Alistair Overeem went down with injury. Many fans want to see Hunt back in the Octagon soon, but this surgery sounds quite serious, so we will have to await the details as Hunt hopefully heals up successfully.
Before losing by KO to JDS, Hunt had racked up four straight knockout wins to put himself in the heavyweight title shot discussion. He would have most likely had one with a win over dos Santos, but now he finds himself fighting a much more dire battle with his health. We here at Lowkick are rooting for Hunt to return to full health. More on the situation as it unfolds.
Check out the video footage of Hunt’s infected leg. WARNING: This is very graphic and disgusting!