- ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs Soa Palelei Added To UFC 190 In August
- Three Reasons To Watch UFC 186
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 3
- Invicta FC 12 Results: Souza Becomes New Strawweight Champion
- Noncommittal About Return, Georges St. Pierre ‘Taking It Slow’ In Training
- UFC 186 Weigh-In Results: Title Fight Official In Canada
- UFC 186 LowKick Predictions
- ONE Championship 26 Results: Askren vs. Santos Ends In No Contest Following Eyepoke
- UFC 186: Georges St-Pierre And Rory MacDonald Q&A
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 2
Main Event Salaries For UFC 167 Revealed
Georges St-Pierre and Rashad Evans are set to receive the biggest payouts following tonight’s UFC 167 20th anniversary event. GSP will take home $400,000 win or lose while “Suga” stands to take home a disclosed $250,000.
Courtesy of bloodyelbow.com salaries for tonight’s main event are as followed:
-Georges St-Pierre: $400,000 (no win bonus)
vs. Johny Hendricks: $50,000 (potential win bonus of $50,000)
-Rashad Evans: $125,000 (potential win bonus of $125,000)
vs. Chael Sonnen: $100,000 (no win bonus)
-Robbie Lawler: $83,000 (potential win bonus of $83,000)
vs. Rory MacDonald: $50,000 (potential win bonus of $50,000)
-Josh Koscheck: $78,000 (potential win bonus of $78,000)
vs. Tyrone Woodley: $50,000 (potential win bonus of $50,000)
-Ali Bagautinov: $10,000 (potential win bonus of $10,000)
vs. Tim Elliott: $12,000 (potential win bonus of $12,000)
A full list of UFC 167’s fighter salaries will be released after tonight’s main event. The figures do not reflect deductions for insurance, licenses and taxes etc. Also the salaries do not include special “UFC bonuses” or pay-per-view cuts.
Just a few points. Lawler and Koscheck are set to take home at least $55,000 more that Hendricks if they win, which is absolutely insane. The fact that Koscheck and Lawler are earning more than MacDonald right now is ridiculous. Also, these flyweight fighter’s on the main card are terribly underpaid, it’s seems hard being a little guy in the UFC these days.
What are your thoughts on the main card salaries? Are they fair?