- Albuquerque Police Issue Felony Warrant, Jon Jones To Turn Himself In
- Poll: How Should The UFC Punish Jon Jones?
- Read The Official Police Report From Jon Jones’ Hit-And-Run
- Tim Kennedy: ‘Karate Is Dead, Rockhold Destroyed Machida Effortlessly’
- Jon Jones Update: Police Found Marijuana, Pipe After ‘Bones’ Fled Scene
- Rafael Dos Anjos Wants Fight With ‘Disrespectful’ Conor McGregor
- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
Lyoto Machida’s Family Among People Affected By Earthquake In California
Former light-heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida and his family were among thousands of people recently affected by a mid-level earthquake in California on Saturday.
“The Dragon”, who fought last month taking a unanimous decision win over Gegard Mousasi, uploaded a picture onto his Instagram account yesterday showing him and his family taking cover from the earthquake underneath a kitchen table.
The 35-year old also put up this message to go with it:
“My wife’s response to yesterday’s earthquake. Thanks for protecting us under the table @fabyolamachida!” Machida wrote.
Fortunately the Machida family were unharmed during the earthquake, which measured 5.1 on the Richter scale. The tremor lasted throughout Saturday night causing breaks in water mains and gas leaks around California.
Machida is set to challenge Chris Weidman in July, at UFC 175, for the “All-American’s” middleweight title. If he is victorious the Brazilian will be just the third man in history to win UFC titles in two separate division. Randy Couture and B.J. Penn are the only fighters to have achieved such a a feat in their career.
Checkout the Instagram photo from Machida’s account below: