- Grapple At The Garden Results: Maynard & King Mo Score Wins
- After UFC Fight Night 58 Win, Renan Barao Wants To Bring Belt Back To Brazil
- Luke Rockhold Calls Out Lyoto Machida After UFC Fight Night 58
- Scott Coker Pulls Contract Card On Dana White Over Rampage
- UFC Fight Night 58: Renan Barao vs. Mitch Gagnon Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 58: Lyoto Machida vs. CB Dollaway Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 58 Post-Fight Bonuses: Four Earn “Performance of The Night” in Brazil
- UFC Fight Night 58 Post-Fight Press Conference
- *UPDATE* Rampage Jackson Will Return To UFC Despite Bellator Contract
- UFC Fight Night 58 Main Card Results: Machida Finishes Dollaway, Barao Submits Gagnon
Luke Rockhold wants to fight Costa Phillipou at UFC on Fox 7
Current Strikeforce Middleweight Champion Luke Rockhold has been confirmed by Zuffa as one of the fighters who can expect to face their next opponent in an octagon.
With his sights set on the future, Rockhold recently spoke with MMA Fighting regarding his future and had the following to say regarding his debut:
“I think Costa Philippou makes the most sense right now. He’s coming off a win, and I think he’s a good opponent. Let’s get it on at [UFC on FOX 7].”
UFC on FOX 7 seems to be shaping up into a grand debut of Strikeforce’s very best. With Melendez and Cormier already getting slots on the card, it made sense to hear the reigning Strikeforce Champ equally interested in the opportunity to fight along his fellow employee’s, while making his UFC and Fox television debut in the process.
Rockhold stated that he would be paying close attention to Saturday’s main event between Bisping and Belfort. Which is no surprise seeing as how the outcome will decide the very landscape of the UFC’s Middleweight division and the future of its growing handful of contenders.
Regarding his career goals and aspirations in the UFC, Rockhold had the following to say:
“I want the fight that gets me to Anderson as fast as I can. I believe I can fight him like no one else can. I want that opportunity because I believe I’m the No. 1 contender.”
Interestingly enough, with the lack of enthusiasm Dana has had in the idea of a Belfort/Silva rematch, Rockhold and Weidman could very well be the remaining two contenders vying for the Middleweight title and their shot at Anderson. Rockhold knows this and has every intention of beating him to the punch:
“I want to fight Silva before Weidman does because I think he might beat him,”
Regardless of the outcome at this weekend’s UFC on FX 7 main event, I think it safe to say that with the recent addition of talent acquired from Strikeforce, the Middleweight division is going to be an exciting ride. Hell, every division is looking pretty exciting right now.
Looks like 2013 is off to an epic start.