- Dustin Poirier Returning To Lightweight In 2015
- CM Punk Targeting Late 2015 UFC Debut
- Rashad Evans vs. Glover Teixeira Reportedly Agreed Upon For UFC Fight Night 60 In Brazil
- UFC Fight Night 58: Lyoto Machida vs CB Dollaway Breakdown
- Michael Bisping Disagrees With “Butthurt” Fighters Behind UFC Lawsuit
- Jon Jones ‘Offended’ The UFC Showed Death Threat Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Looking To Rid MMA Of Jon Jones
- Rory MacDonald Informed He Won’t Fight For Title, Will Just ‘Light Up’ Whoever’s Next
‘Korean Zombie’ Injured, Out Of UFC Fight Night 53
UFC featherweight contender Chan Sung Jung has suffered yet another setback due to injuries. After taking more than a year out following his brutal TKO loss to Jose Aldo at UFC 163, “The Korean Zombie” was slated to return at UFC Fight Night 53 against Akira Corassani. It would appear that the punishment he received against Aldo last year is still taking it’s toll on Jung.
Indeed, the feisty featherweight has been pulled from his October booking against Corassani, as MMAFighting.com received confirmation from his manager Brian Rhee:
“Yes, unfortunately, [Jung] strained the shoulder that he dislocated in the Aldo fight,” Rhee said. “No structural damage, he just has to do rehab for four weeks, then the doctors will reevaluate.”
The damage that Rhee is talking about was a dislocated shoulder that eventually led to his TKO loss in round four in Rio. The champion was also hit with a fair few nasty bumps himself, suffering a broken foot and kidney stones after the fight.
The sad news for “KZ” is that he will have to wait out some more, although probably only a month, before he can make his return and start earning money again. No replacement has been found for Corassani at this point, and it is unknown whether he will still fight in front of his home crowd in Sweden. Perhaps the UFC will just move the fight to a different card, I’ll keep you updated as more news comes in.