- UFC 178: Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier Highlights
- UFC 178: Demetrious Johnson vs Chris Cariaso Highlights
- UFC 178 Post-Fight Bonuses: Cruz, McGregor Bank $50,000
- Tim Kennedy Will Appeal UFC 178 Loss To Yoel Romero
- UFC 178: Watch Dominick Cruz Destroy Takeya Mizugaki To Earn Next Title Shot
- UFC 178 Prelims Results: Dominick Cruz Dominates Takeya Mizugaki
- UFC 178 Main Card Results: McGregor Scores First Round Finish
‘Korean Zombie’ Injured, Out Of UFC Fight Night 53
UFC featherweight contender Chan Sung Jung has suffered yet another setback due to injuries. After taking more than a year out following his brutal TKO loss to Jose Aldo at UFC 163, “The Korean Zombie” was slated to return at UFC Fight Night 53 against Akira Corassani. It would appear that the punishment he received against Aldo last year is still taking it’s toll on Jung.
Indeed, the feisty featherweight has been pulled from his October booking against Corassani, as MMAFighting.com received confirmation from his manager Brian Rhee:
“Yes, unfortunately, [Jung] strained the shoulder that he dislocated in the Aldo fight,” Rhee said. “No structural damage, he just has to do rehab for four weeks, then the doctors will reevaluate.”
The damage that Rhee is talking about was a dislocated shoulder that eventually led to his TKO loss in round four in Rio. The champion was also hit with a fair few nasty bumps himself, suffering a broken foot and kidney stones after the fight.
The sad news for “KZ” is that he will have to wait out some more, although probably only a month, before he can make his return and start earning money again. No replacement has been found for Corassani at this point, and it is unknown whether he will still fight in front of his home crowd in Sweden. Perhaps the UFC will just move the fight to a different card, I’ll keep you updated as more news comes in.