- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Official For UFC 189 Main Event In July
- Ray Longo Doesn’t Want To See Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva Again
- UFC 183 Weigh-Ins Video & Results
- UFC 183 LowKick MMA Staff Predictions
- Contradiction! Anderson Silva May Not Get Title Shot If He Beats Nick Diaz
- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 3
- UFC 183 Pre-Fight Staredowns: Anderson Silva & Nick Diaz Face Off
- Is Nick Diaz Fighting Anderson Silva Strictly For The Paycheck?
‘Korean Zombie’ Injured, Out Of UFC Fight Night 53
UFC featherweight contender Chan Sung Jung has suffered yet another setback due to injuries. After taking more than a year out following his brutal TKO loss to Jose Aldo at UFC 163, “The Korean Zombie” was slated to return at UFC Fight Night 53 against Akira Corassani. It would appear that the punishment he received against Aldo last year is still taking it’s toll on Jung.
Indeed, the feisty featherweight has been pulled from his October booking against Corassani, as MMAFighting.com received confirmation from his manager Brian Rhee:
“Yes, unfortunately, [Jung] strained the shoulder that he dislocated in the Aldo fight,” Rhee said. “No structural damage, he just has to do rehab for four weeks, then the doctors will reevaluate.”
The damage that Rhee is talking about was a dislocated shoulder that eventually led to his TKO loss in round four in Rio. The champion was also hit with a fair few nasty bumps himself, suffering a broken foot and kidney stones after the fight.
The sad news for “KZ” is that he will have to wait out some more, although probably only a month, before he can make his return and start earning money again. No replacement has been found for Corassani at this point, and it is unknown whether he will still fight in front of his home crowd in Sweden. Perhaps the UFC will just move the fight to a different card, I’ll keep you updated as more news comes in.